𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

Start from the beginning

"It hurts?" the Zehoberei woman repeated with confusion in her voice before Primrose heard the Kylosian man sigh.

"I have sensitive nipples."

Drax's explanation caused Rocket to fall into a fit of laughter before he mocked the man by saying, "'my nipples hurt! Oh, goodness me!'"

"What about him? What's he doing?" the Kylosian man questioned without even attempting to hide the anger in his voice.

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work," the raccoon responded while gesturing toward the speakers and wire in front of him.

"And how is that a priority?" Primrose questioned as she looked away from the device in her hands to stare at the furry creature.

"Blame Quill! He's the one who loves music so much!" Rocket yelled as he pointed toward the redheaded man.

"No, I actually agree with Rosie on this. That's hardly important right now," the Quill man announced after looking away from the stormy sky and down at Rocket.

"Oh, okay. Sure, Quill," the raccoon said with a smug smirk before winking at Peter.

"No, seriously, I side with Rosie."

"No, I understand that," Rocket stated while continuing to wink at Peter as the smirk on his face slightly grew, "you're being very serious right now."

"You do realize I can see you winking, right?" Primrose asked the raccoon with a hint of boredom in her voice before she went back to studying the device in her hands.

"D*mn it. I'm using my left eye?" the raccoon muttered under his breath just loud enough for them to hear. It wasn't long after that when his attention was drawn to Groot, who was shouting and attacking a group of Orloni.

"I am Groot."

"They were not looking at you funny!" Rocket exclaimed just as the device in Primrose's hand began beeping faster than ever before.

Just as she was about to call out to her team and make them aware of the oncoming danger, a loud boom cut through the air. Everyone instantly turned their attention toward the source of the sound to see a rainbow light forming in the clouds. It wasn't long after that when the Abilisk appeared in the sky and began coming toward them. Primrose didn't hesitate to place the device in her backpack before copying everyone's actions and pulling out her blasters to prepare for battle.

As soon as the beast landed on the platform, Drax let out a loud scream and sprinted toward it. The rest of the Guardians weren't far behind and it wasn't long before they were all fighting the Abilisk to the sound of Peter's music. Primrose used her aero-rig to fly high above the beast while using her blasters to shoot its pink flesh. However, her and everyone else's hits proved to be useless as the Abilisk continued to roar and swing its tentacles through the air. The Quill woman barely managed to dodge one of the creature's tentacle attacks before she flew out of the way of its opened mouth. Once she was in the clear, she went back to blasting its body as much as she could. Despite all she put into her attacks, nothing seemed to damage the Abilisk.

Instead of continuing to attack the beast, Primrose flew out of its range of attack and began studying the Abilisk as well as her team's attacks. It was obvious to her that her, Peter, and Rocket's blasters were useless against the creature. They barely even made a dent in the Abilisk's flesh. But she was surprised to see that Gamora's much larger and more powerful blaster was ineffective as well. She was even shocked that Drax's daggers didn't have any impact.

"You can join us at any time, Rosie!" Peter's voice rang through her communicator, causing Primrose to roll her eyes at her brother before she saw Drax get thrown across the platform and into their speakers.