Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jamies POV

* 2 years later*

Graduation was no fun without Niall.It didn't feel complete without him. I was actually surprised that I graduated at all since my grades were so poor. I never really paid attention to school after Niall died. I just sort of showed up to school and sat in class all day remembering how me and Niall used to slack off in school. I remembered once how he got me to skip school once. My mom was pissed. I got grounded for a week.

After graduation I moved out of my moms house and into my own apartment. Well it wasn't completely mine. I had a room mate.

Her name was Sarah.

One day I was looking through my favorite pictures of me and Niall when she staggered through the apartment. Drunk as ever.

"Hey Jamie." She slurred dropping her purse on the floor. Sarah wobbled over to me. "Whatcha got there?" The reek of alcholol was strong on her breath.

"Pictures." I said putting them back in the shoe box I kept them in.

"let. . . Lemme see 'em." She said trying to grab the box out of my hands. I held it away from her.

"No! These are private." I said holding the box high above my head. Sarah stumbled into me.

"I'm not gonna hurt 'em just gimme the box!" She said.She started pushing me. I backed up onto the patio. It was raining.

"Sarah! Go lay down and stop pushing me!" I growled. She bumped into me trying to grab the box from my hands.

"Don't be a bitch. I just want to see the pictures." Sarah swore drunkly. In a last ditch effort to grab them out of my hand she hit my arm.I dropped the box.

It fell to the ground and all my pictures started to blow away in the wind.

"No!" I screamed. I ran out the door not grabbing a coat or shoes.There was no time. I had to get the pictures. I couldn't lose them. They were the last things that I had left of Niall. By the time I got downstairs there were three left in the shoe box. I grabbed them and put them back into the now soaked box. The rest of my pictures were blowing away.

"Shit!" I made a mad dash after them. They were getting wet and dirty. I needed to catch them. I had caught about half of themwhen it started raining harder.I was soaked and my feet were killing me but I pressed on. I searched for about half an hour and found all but one.I would have been fine if it were any other picture. But no it had to be my favorite one. Niall spooning me. It was gone.I felt sad,angery tears falling from my eyes. I was going to kill Sarah

When I got upstairs she was passed out on the couch. Great. Just frikin great. I lost my favorite photo of me and my dead best friend.

*

I waited for Sarah to get done with puking her guts out in our toilet. She had a hang over and she needed peace and quiet. I wasn't going to give it to her. Fuck that! She made over half of my picture of Niall ruined!

"I hate you." I growled as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Don't be a drama queen." She replied popping a mint in her mouth. "Their just pictures. They can be replaced." I wanted to hit her so badly.

"No they can't." I said. "He's dead." Saying dead hurt my heart. I don't like that word.

"Who?" She asked.

"Niall!" I snapped. "My dead fucking best friend Niall!" Sarah just rolled her eyes. Then a smile sprawled over her face.

"Oh yah, Niall I hear you moaning about him in your sleep all the time." I blushed. Then Sarah did her best to immitate me "Oh,Oh Niall! Right there! Oh god Niall! Hold me!"