Epilogue

(Epilogue)

(Emery)

A couple days later I was finally sitting down, having a talk with hunter's mother. I don't think that she likes me very much, but I don't care. She came back this morning and I 'accidentally' backed my bike into her car, leaving a dent there. She has no idea that it was me though, instead she's blaming it on her driver.

Hunter got mad at me when he found out why I hit her car. I was joking around with Ethan and Lexi, telling them what happened when he heard. I of course was doing stunts on my bike and lost control. I wasn't hurt so there's no need to worry.

" are you even listening to me boy?" Mrs.jackson snapped, drawing my attention back to her.

" sorry cruella, I was lost in thought for a moment there." She scoffs at my reply before giving me a disgusted look.

" I'm trying here am I not? I don't even know what my son sees in you, why he's so obsessed with a twink like you." I was about to protest when she held her hand up, stopping me.

" but. I can see how happy he is so I won't get in the way of that. He may be greedy and always going after what he wants, but that's his choice. We didn't have a good relationship when he was younger, I just wish that things were different with us. But that's my fault, I wasn't a good mother to him." She looks down while picking at her skirt, I felt sorry for her.

" why don't you talk to him and let him know how you feel?" I asked and she shook her head.

" our relationship isn't really like that. Hopefully one day I will get to do that but it wouldn't be now." I rolled my eyes because it seems as if there was no way of talking to her. She's just as stubborn as hunter, if not more.

" what about your parents?" She asked, as a way of changing the topic. I really wish she didn't though because I didn't want a reminder of what my mother did to me.

I told her everything that happened and in the end she was shocked. It seems as if she didn't know that hunter bought me, but I quickly told her that I was in love with him or she would have been marching out of here just to give him a piece of her mind.

" what do you plan on doing about college?" I smiled when I remember that I was going to start catering school in September. That's what I love to do, so I was going to peruse it. When I told her she only look at me as if I had lost my mind. Bitch please. I was good at cooking and I enjoy doing it, so why should I waste my talent?

" well you do you I guess. Are you happy here?" I thought that I was the one who ask a lot of questions, but man can she talk.

" I'm happy yes. My brother is here, my friends are here, I have hunter. What more can I ask for?" She smiled before standing up. Walking by me, she places her hand on my shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

" I'm happy to hear that. Even though I don't agree with what hunter did, in the end he found happiness. Thank you for being here with him emery." She started walking away when I got up and followed her. There's just one more thing I had to do.

" hey, mrs.Jackson!" I shouted which had her turning around to look at me.

" yes boy?" I swallowed hard as I got ready to tell her what I wanted to. Hopefully I can make it out of this alive. She likes me right? Or not.

" I'm the one who put that dent on your car, not your driver." My eyes became wide as I listen to the sounds that was coming from her. She sounded like a dying cat.

" why you little bitch!" Was all she said before she started to chase me. I was a laughing mess as she tries to catch up with me, even she was laughing as well. What a way to end this right? At least my life was now complete even if I have a devil of a mother in law. I will forever be grateful for this life I've been given, which was more than I can ask for.

(The end)