A wonderful surprise

(Emery)
" will you stop following me!?" I hissed at hunter who held his hands up in surrender, as if I was going to attack him any minute now. What a loser.

" I have a surprise for you. I just wanted you to see it for yourself so that you can forgive me. Plus, I ordered something for you, but I'm not sure if you'd like it or not. Hopefully you'll like it because it cost me five thousand dollars. It should be here before our wedding on Saturday." He answered back, making me growl at him.

" there you go with the 'I bought you something shit!' When will you stop making me feel like a damn whore!?" He flinches from the tone of my voice as his eyes became wide with shock.

" hey I'm not treating you as such! That's far from why I bought you this gift. It's only to apologize to you for what I said and for what I'll probably say in the future, but that's going to be reserved for more gifts." I groaned in defeat because it seems as if he won't be letting this go anytime soon.

" so for the surprise? Follow me." I did what he said and followed him to god knows where. He opens a door to what seems to be a theater room and I spotted Gregory with a bowl of popcorn and narrowed my eyes at hunter who looks down as if he wasn't just checking me out.

" Gregory is my surprise? I already met him." He shook his head and pointed at a seat at the front and i hesitantly took a step in that direction. When I came face to face with someone else, my mouth fell open from shock as tears began to form in my eyes.

" em! It's good to see you again." William shouted as he jumps up and tackles me in a hug.

" what? How? When?" It seems as if I was in shock, because those were the only questions I could ask as I continued to engulf my little brother in a protective hug.

" I stopped by your mother's place to get some information from her and she said some things to me that I didn't like. So I told her that I would take William here to live with you." Hunter replies, trying to be as subtle as he could, but I already knew where this was going.

" stop beating around the bush Mr. Jackson. Mom wanted to sell me when I'm older. At least that's what she said before she shipped me off to live with you. I honestly don't know what's wrong with that woman. I wish she was never my mother." My heart skipped a beat at what William had said. No child should have to say such hateful words about a parent.

" hey now, don't say that. She's still your mother at the end of the day. Now you have emery and I to take care of you. This is just the starting of a happy life for you William, I'll make sure of it." William nodded his head and beamed at hunter, who smiled back at him.

It seems as if hunter was up to something. It's like he's trying to win me over because of some sick and twisted joke he must be playing on me. No one would do so much for someone if they didn't want anything in return. I mean, he was going to marry me yes, because of the deal he made with my mother. But what else was he up to? What else did he want from me?