Chapter Nineteen- Strange Thoughts

The show must go on, I guess...
The German bits might not be completely accurate.

------------

Tap, tap, tap-tap, ta-tap, tap.

Dark tapped his fingers against the desk thoughtfully.

Shouldn't he just kill the people in his way? Something in him didn't sit right with that. Why? Why hadn't Anti thought to actually kill them? He just toyed with them, waiting for them to give up willingly instead of directly forcing them. And even in the end- he wasn't ACTUALLY going to kill them... 

Why didn't Anti just do it and get it over with?

Why can't they just kill them?

What's wrong with that?

They HURT Anti! And he wasn't even ACTUALLY going to stab that man!

Plus, if they die, they-

...

Wait...

What...?

WHAT THE HELL WAS HE JUST THINKING?!

Was he seriously considering killing someone that WASN'T that bastard murderer?!

No, no, no!

That CAN'T be right...!

'What the hell's going on here...? NO! Only that bitch deserves death!' 'Yeah! We need HIS death! No one else will die... No one else will die... They will be safe...' 'Damien?!' 'He speaks!' '...Not... Kill... Please... Only... Kill Actor... Keep everyone... Safe.' 'YES!'

Dark seemed to come to a conclusion in his head; 'not kill.' 

It was a good conclusion.

He was satisfied with this, completely forgetting that just a minute ago he was wondering WHY Anti wouldn't kill those random people.

He huffed and decided to head downstairs.

Why?...

...

What was the question?

Whatever.

He left Anti to sleep and was about to leave the room, when he saw something.

He should really take those plates downstairs with him...

Huh?

...

Oh, yeah...

The plates?

Yeah! He needed to take the plates downstairs!

So, that's what he did.

------------

You didn't know how to feel about this... Dark was behaving so... 

Is it really not too late for those two...?

You were SURE you were supposed to do something... You knew you COULD do something, but WHAT would you do or say?

...Do you know what to do yet?

It's up to you... Whatever you can think of COULD just decide their fates... And more than likely, Mark's.

You need to do SOMETHING!

------------

As Dark reached the bottom of the steps, he heard arguing.

"VHAT ZHE HELL ZO YOU MEAN!? YOU'RE A GODDAMN DOCTAH! ALL OF ZHIS SHITE IS VAD ENOUGH, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN VIX HIS ZHROAT?!" 

"I-I can't fix something I don't know about! I can't find out what the hell's wrong! He keeps coughing up blood- fresh AND stale- and I just can't find out what the fuck is going on! I've done so many tests already!"

"UGH! So, ve're zealing vith mental AND physical zamage! PERFEKT!" 

Dark rose a brow, not understanding the stress. But he quickly shrugged it off and went past them all in the living room to head to the kitchen. 

Upon seeing him, everyone went silent. But it seemed he didn't really care or find it abnormal. When he came back from the kitchen, Henrik spoke up, "Dark, mein freund, can you go get Anti vor us? I vould like to check on his zhroat problem."

".........He doesn't want to see you."

Dark seemed a bit defensive, glaring slightly. "I know zhat, vut zhis is vor his own good... Zo you vant him to die?" Henrik smirked, having heard how affective that line was on Dark. 

"Grr... He can't! He NEEDS sleep! He needs sleep- he...! He-!

Dark seemed to go through an internal conflict, auras starting to lash out. Until Illinois asked something that stopped his older brother completely.

"And WHY exactly is he so lacking in sleep?"

Dark silenced and clamped his mouth shut, his auras stilling. His gaze bore into Illinois harshly. "Yeah... That IS the question." Sean and Illy half expected one thing... Half expected it to actually be something important... A hint towards what the dark egos were hiding.

"That's none of your damn business."

"Oh~? So, you're admitting you two were doing something... Naughty~?" Illinois smirked, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. Dark flushed, "WHAT!? No! He was out-!" The eldest ego's eyes widened in shock as he went silent, realizing he'd been baited.

"Out where, Dark?"