Chapter five ⁵ | Dart

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . . Chapter ⁵

Before going home for the night and calling Halloween done for this year he wanted to go and check out how Jim and Eleven were doing since they were supposed to be having a good time and he needed a moment to relax.

So when he appeared in the cabin only to make eye contact with Jim who sat alone in the dark eating candy alone. Felix's eyes move to glance over to where Eleven's door was closed, most likely locked, Felix looking back over at Jim, shoulders slumping.

"Really? You were late?" Felix asked out before taking a step back and closing his eyes, ignoring Jim calling out his name. Opening his eyes appearing in Eleven's room.

"El!" Felix whisper-shouted, rushing over to where Eleven was sitting on the floor in front of the television that was playing static. Eleven had a blindfold on while she cried, nose bleeding.

Felix's knees knocked harshly onto the floor when he got over to her, kneeling there while taking her blindfold off with one hand and the other wiping away her bloody nose.

"El, I'm here it's okay. Shhh, you're here. I'm here.  It's okay." Felix soothed Eleven who hugged him immediately and tightly, crying into his chest overwhelmed.

"El, it's okay, you'll meet them again one day. You'll meet him again. It's okay." Felix continued comforting her, giving her head a brotherly kiss and hugging her back.

Felix's chest squeezes in frustration and sadness for Eleven. She was like a sister to him now. He couldn't even think of what it must be like for Eleven to be stuck again, though it wasn't bad like being at a lab, something they both knew all too well it still must have been hard for the young teen to be stuck everyday in the cabin.

Appearing suddenly in the main room of the cabin and moving over to sit next to Jim on the couch letting out a sigh thinking of the day he'd just had.

"You okay, bud?" Jim asked, chewing on some nerd candy.

"Yeah." Felix simply said while sinking into the couch trying to think of a way to cheer Eleven up in the morning.

Jim passed Felix the candy filled plastic pumpkin and he shifted his hand through it looking for something he'd actually want to eat. There was a distinct lack of peanut butter like candy.

"Alright tomorrow you should make El a double, no scratch that, triple Eggo's breakfast. And talk to her, she needs you." Felix planned out before putting the pumpkin bowl on the table, not finding anything good.

"Wait you're not showing up for breakfast?" Jim asked out since it seemed like he wouldn't be by the way he'd spoken.

"Yeah, 'm busy tomorrow. Also please try staying calm if things go south, you know she's got it hard right now." Felix got up from the couch wiping his hands on his pants to get rid of the non existent dust off them before giving Jim a short and fast wave goodbye.

"Alright. Get home safe Felix." Jim gave in to Felix's suggestions to do with Eleven easily.

"Will do. See you around." Felix replied and just like that in a blink of an eye was gone.

Little did Felix know that the conversation Jim and Eleven had the very next morning went anything but good.

• • • • • • •

"Jesus. Have you seen them?" Joyce yelled out for everyone to hear while looking at the couch for her keys, tugging at the pillows on the couch. When she wasn't successful she moved onto the next room.

"We're looking mum." Jonathan replied walking in from the diner room to the hallway.

"Yeah mum... we're looking..." Will also replied walking into the hallways searching through a bag.