Chapter one ¹ | Hawkins

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . . Chapter ¹

Felix laughed ruffling Will's hair just as Joyce parked in the Arcade's parking lot. Felix had volunteered to go along knowing fully well Joyce would worry about Will, and him tagging along would ease her anxiousness.

"Okay. So I'm going to pick you up in two hours. That's nine o'clock on the dot, okay?" Joyce explained, turning in her seat to look at Will before glancing at Felix who gave her the 'ok' hand gesture that he knew when to get Will out of the arcade.

"Okay, okay." Will replied just really wanting to play arcade games with his friends already.

"Okay, and if anything happens, if you need to come home, just tell Felix and he'll call home using their phone." Joyce explained to Will for the hundredth time, though she'd reminded Felix as well so many times before they'd left too.

"Don't-" Joyce started listing another rule that had been set into place but was cut off by both Will and Felix saying at the same time.

"Don't walk or bike home."

While Joyce stops Will from leaving the car to say some more stuff, Felix gets out of the car stretching his arms before looking over at the younger kids waiting impatiently for Will and him to go into the arcade.

Moving over to Will's door he opened it just in time to hear Joyce tell Will to have fun.

Will getting out and rushing over to Mike, Dustin and Lucas. Felix shuts the door before moving over to the passenger side and popping his head slightly through the open window arms resting on the sill lazily.

"Don't worry Joyce I'll keep an eye on them." Felix reassured Joyce, smiling, she moved over to brush a stray lock of his black hair back into place, telling Felix to be careful as well.

She hadn't forgotten the fact Felix had gone missing for a week as well at one stage. She knew Felix could take care of himself but also knew there were a few things Felix was still having trouble telling her. Though she'd let Felix come to her in his own time and waited patiently knowing one day he'd talk about it all, even hopefully what happened with his parents. Joyce had never been giving the reason for their passing.

Walking into the arcade Felix found the group of young teens easily and placed a few coins in Will's hands and gave him a cheeky small smile. Will smiled back since he'd only had two coins with him. Felix had a soft spot for him and argued with himself that it was just some 'spare change' anyway.

Not wanting to intrude on their 'fun' game night, Felix reminded them all if they needed him that he'd be just outside. Everyone rushing out agreements, wanting to finally start playing in the arcade causing Felix to just shrug it off and walk towards the entrance again.

Holding the door for a few people that wanted to go into the arcade before finally making his way to one of the metal chairs and sitting down. Letting out a sigh before pulling his walkman out and pressing play one he put his headphones on, making sure to keep one free so if the boys needed him he'd be able to hear them. He'd not brought his skateboard with him this time and planned to just listen to music.

A few minutes passed before his eyes drifted over to the entrance only to see Will walking out causing him to sit up, pulling off his headphones that now rested on his shoulders watching how Will seemed to be in a daze. Biting his lip in worry, Felix stood up walking over to Will just as Mike came out of the arcade too.

Placing a gentle hand onto Will's shoulder, Felix shook it lightly calling out Will's name, taking a few shakes to get Will to snap out of whatever daydream or trance he was in.