[Hold The Hand That Holds You Down.] [TW]

Start from the beginning

 -  Why should I care?  -  Lan Zhan's voice was ice.   -   Ge says he has blocked all our bank accounts. So---

- Wangji!!!

Wei Ying had been sipping on his wine nervously, but now those sounds over the line broke his heart. He jumped in his seat and approached Lan Wangji instinctively. But the blond boy remained very still, unmoved. 

His eyes were empty.

- What is it, then, Mother?  –  he asked, still quite unmoved.

- How cold are you, Wangji?!  –  her mood changed and she now attacked him.  –  Will you, like your degenerate brother, just call me "Mother" now??? Where is my sweet boy who used to call me "Mom"?  I miss him! I want to talk to him again!  I don't know who you are any more! Wangji!!!

- Forget that boy, Mother. He's gone. He had to grow up very quickly.  –  Lan Zhan growled.  –  I am a man now. And I am giving you just one more minute to tell me what this is about, because then I'll be hanging up. I am serious.

- Yes... I can hear that...  -  she said bitterly.  –  You are just like your Ge! Just like him! Breaking my heart! Cruel, cold! All of you are breaking my heart, both of you are taking after your own father so perfectly in this! Torturing me!  Punishing me! For what?! For nothing! I've done nothing!!!  –  she screamed hysterically, breaking down completely.

- Good-bye, Mother.  –  Lan Wangji's face expressed impatience now.

He was ready to press the button, but a warm hand on his hand stopped him.

- Please. Wangji, please. She is your mom... Please.  –  Wei Ying begged.

- Who's that?!  –  Madam Lan asked sharply.  –  Who's there???

- Ummm... Hi!  –  Wei Wuxian leaned over the table now, smiling foolishly, as if he was talking to a real-time person.   –  We... We haven't met, but...  -  he wondered what to say now: Lan Zhan was sulking fiercely, and there was a dead silence on the line.  –  But we can still meet!  –  he chirped.  –  Will you come to our wedding?

- WEI YING!!!  –  the blond boy yelled now, angry and frustrated.

- Are you... Are you inviting me?  –  the woman asked weakly.

- NO!  –  Lan Wangji shouted.

- Yes!  –  Wei Wuxian cheered.

Without thinking too much now, Wei Wuxian just grabbed the phone and sat back in his most favorite spot in the world  –  despite the fact that Lan Wangji didn't hug him this time, as he was far too angry with him now, he still made himself comfortable in his lap. 

He wrapped his arm around his shoulders and started chatting:

- Please, don't listen to Lan Zhan, he has been quite grumpy today! Please, please, come to our wedding!!! We will be so happy to have you! I really wanna see Wangji's mom and dad, finally! I promise you, he will behave! I promise! Will you come?!  -  he finally babbled, hopeful.

- Wei Ying.  –  Lan Zhan growled menacingly, but the arm around his shoulders was having quite a disarming effect on him.

There were more sobs on the line, and it took some time for Madam Lan to calm down enough so that she could speak.

- Oh, Wangji...  -  she whimpered.  –  He sounds really sweet... Like you used to be... before.

- Yes.  –  he snapped.  –  He is quite great. The one you hate. A sinner like me. Like Ge.