twenty

( season four: episode eight: papa )

THE PLAN IS HALF-FORMULATED, but if there's anything that is agreed upon, it's that weapons are needed. Eddie lays out a news clipping on the table. "War Zone."

Nell raises an eyebrow. "War Zone? Sounds like a hangout for angry hicks." Erica gives her a knowing look. "Oh, it's full of angry hicks." Lucas rolls his eyes and she stares him down. "Just the facts."

"I've been there once," Eddie continues. "They've got everything you need for... killing things, basically?" Nell squints at the clipping. "Is that a grenade? Is this legal?"

Eddie nods. "Lucky for us, somehow. And it's just far enough outside of Hawkins that we can avoid cops and, uh..." he gives Nell a small smile. "Angry hicks."

Nancy sighs. "Okay. Well yeah, assuming we're avoiding angry hicks, we can't bike. And it would take all day to bike there. Plus Eddie's still wanted."

"Who said anything about bikes?"

Eddie's got a mischievous glint in his eye and Nell groans. "Oh no. What's that look. I don't like that look." Steve raises an eyebrow. "You got a car we don't know about?" He shrugs. "It's not exactly a car, Steve, and it's not exactly mine. But... it'll do."

Nell buries her face in her hands. "Theft. The look was theft." Eddie chuckles, bumping his shoulder against hers. "Hey Red, you got a ski mask or something?" Max looks at him. "Something like that."

__

Eddie shoves the Michael Myers mask over his head. He poses for Nell. "How do I look?" She shakes her head, fighting the smile off of her face. "Like an idiot. Let's go, Michael." He tilts his head.

"My name is Eddie."

Nell laughs, before giving him a look. "Michael Myers? You're wearing a Michael Myers mask? Have you never seen Halloween?" She quickly works to braid her hair back, fingers aching from the effort.

Eddie shakes his head. "Nah, man. Maybe you should watch it with me, sometime." She feels her cheeks get hot and grins. "How else will we educate you on proper horror movies?"

They're the last ones out of the trailer, and Steve claps his hands. "Great. Let's get this show on the road!" Eddie nods, and they all silently creep out from behind the trailer. They run through the park,
set on a trailer three rows down.

An older couple sits in front of it, and the group quietly sneaks around the side. Eddie slides open the back window and pitches himself in. He peeks out, tearing the mask off. "That was suffocating. Alright, my friends. Come on in."

Nell gets a foot up on the wheel, landing not-so-gracefully on the floor. "Shit." She rubs her shoulder, getting up. "They could've at least sprung for a rug or something." She leans over to lock the door, as Eddie runs up to the wheel.

Everyone else climbs in and Steve and Nell join Eddie at the front. "Where did you learn this?" Steve questions him, as Eddie begins snipping wires. 

"While other dads were teaching kids to play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did," Eddie remarks sarcastically, "but now, I'm wanted for murder." He scrapes the wires together.

"And soon, grand theft auto!"

Nell sighs. "Yeah, but you didn't kill anybody." She scoffs. "Ironically, the reality is much much worse. Don't know about the grand theft auto, though. That seems pretty... accurate."

Robin peeks her head over Nell's shoulder. "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving."

"I'm just starting this sucker." He grins. "Harringtons got her. Don't you, big boy." Steve gives him a confused look as an angry couple bangs on the door. Nell jumps. "Okay, jig is up, guys. Let's get a move on!"