Chapter 7; Regret?

this book is literally an experiment so I guess plot holes may be a thing??? idk. keep in mind the main characters are around the ages of 18.

I'm tired of shoving this book into one person's face so this book kind of died lol. (I wanted the person to read it lol---) 

and the line's name is Caeden. Don't you dare try to even rename it.

-----=-----

[Xemon POV]

Hels and I went our separate ways after that. Turns out the elevator breaking fucked up his plans or something.

Rude. 

If we're supposed to be working together now, he'd better at least try and tell me something. 

If he does try to use his communicator to message me, he's lucky I've never changed my username. 

Or contact information in general. I never had the time to change it, so if he were to try and of my old stuff, he'd reach me. 

I don't really like that we're working together now as much. It just reminds me of how we used to be best friends, or whatever we used to be.  

And, as if on cue, I get a message on my communicator.

'Helsknight has whispered to you; Oi, asshat, meet me at <insert valid address.> We need to talk, in person.'

Of course, we need to meet up, so I'm using the chains to get to the location.

If this fucker tries to even think of jumping me, I'm leaving our damn alliance. 

We only have the goal of, y'know, stopping our siblings from getting all of the attention.

And stopping the corruption in the hero system, so it wouldn't really matter if we kept the alliance. 

I mean, it could get us both some more attention in the media, but that's it. 

----

And Hels isn't even fucking here. It might have taken me half an hour to get here, but he knows I'm shit with directions.

...

Am I even at the right address-?

Wait am I the idiot and he's inside the buil-

"Hey, Xemon." 

"Hi."

"Remember how we used to send each other random places, and we'd meet up and fuck around in there?"

" 'Course I do, it was only two years ago."

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you that since we have an alliance, we should probably meet up every so often to speak about our plans. And that, well, I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

"Sorry for abandoning you without explaining why. I had come to the decision years beforehand, but I only stayed because you were my best friend and I couldn't leave you. Two years ago, I gave up on staying, I had been fed up with everything."

"That's still no excuse, and I may not accept your apology, but I'm going to give you a second chance."

"Thank you."

And, I never thought that it would feel so good to be embraced by my best friend again. After all, it's been two years, and for most of that time, I missed this. 

-----------

*laughs in probably going to make this a slow burn and that character death can happen bc this is fanfiction*