Chapter 20 - Finally

Start from the beginning

The drive back home was silent, but it wasn't uncomfortable. As we arrived at my Aunt's house, she came into view, with the twins and Annette in her lap. I got out of the car, only to be greeted with the Rebekah latched onto my legs, while Anthony stayed back with his arms folded.

"Hello Y/N. Who's this?" Rebekah asked, extremely confused as to why her cousin had arrived with a boy.

"Arvin, these munchkins are Anthony and Rebekah, my cousins. Munchkins, this is Arvin."

"Hi." Rebekah whispered as she tucked her hands behind her back, after shaking Arvin's. Anthony didn't move at all, just nodding.

"Anthony, come say hello." He just slumped more and sulked. "What's wrong?"

"You didn't bring any doughnuts back." He said, sticking his lip out and pouting. I moved closer to hug him.

"I'm very sorry." He just turned away. "I guess I'll have to get twice as many tomorrow." His face lightened up immediately, and he hugged me.

"Hello Arvin. I'm her favourite cousin." Anthony shouts so Rebekah heard, and promptly stuck her tongue out at him.

"Hello Anthony." Arvin replied.

"And this is my Aunt Margaret."

"Hello again Ma'am."

"Hello Arvin Honey."

"Wait you two have met?"

"Yeah, his grandma used to send him over here during the summer to help with the horses." (I know this is new, I'm sorry.) "Or to pick Earskell up after he'd been playing cards with your uncle Jonathan." She looked at me again, gazing up and down my soiled dress. "What happened to your dress?"

"Some idiot dropped a milkshake on me. I managed to get most of it off, but I think I'll smell like strawberries for months."

"Go get changed and leave that to soak in some soapy water. Arvin, you come in, sit down. I just put a peach pie into the oven."

Before he could even respond, he was dragged there by my cousins. "I'll be back in a minute." I tried to reassure him.

I went up to my room and changed into some jeans and a t-shirt. I threw my dress into the bath with some hot, soapy water.

As I ran downstairs, I heard my cousins interrogating poor Arvin. I listened for a while.

"Are you Y/N's boyfriend?" Anthony questioned.

"What?" I heard Arvin choke on his drink.

"No Tony, of course he isn't her boyfriend." Rebekah rests her head in her hands.

"Yeah."

"He's her sweetheart." Rebekah states in a lovey dovey tone.

"Rebekah Harris! Anthony Harris! Are you meddling? Because if you are, then that means no more doughnuts." I jumped down from the stairs and placed my hands on my hips.

"We weren't." They just looked at each other and ran away. I just saw my Aunt mouth "They were" at me.

"I'm sorry I left you with them Arvin. Just ignore anything they said."

My Aunt stood up, "Y/N can you hold Annie while I check on everything in the kitchen?"

"Yeah sure." She hands me the bundle of baby and I rest her down, peacefully in my arms.

Our conversation was interrupted by my Aunt shouting, "Anthony! Get out of the tree right now! If you fall out..."

Anthony probably replied, because my Aunt responded with, "Anthony, don't say 'I won't fall' because you might! Get down now!" I heard more shouting, "Rebekah stop encouraging him!"