Stealing from an Outside Mall is not Always the Best Plan

Start from the beginning

"Look, I need a new coat because I don't want to catch a cold," Toga interjected.

"I'll check to see if I can steal any instant noodles," Twice suggested. "I can even make a copy of one of us so they can steal with us!"

"Good idea, Twice," Mr. Compress turned to Midori who was silently listening to their plan. "Midori, are you okay with being cloned? You're the only one who hasn't been legitimately recognized as part of the league."

Toga let out a hum of acknowledgment, "Oh right. Midori could probably pass by without any suspicion."

"I have no problem with that," Midori shrugged slightly while Shigaraki was trying to talk with Kurogiri about which place would be the most efficient to steal from. "But I am not skilled in stealing big things, but I can distract people long enough for everyone else to steal.

"The mall would be a bad choice, young master Tomura," Kurogiri said as Shigaraki started to pace.

"Then where the hell will we go?"

*

An outside mall that was located uptown was the perfect place.

It had different brightly lit stores for tourism making the street blinding. It also had market stalls along the street itself trying to sell food or small trinkets to the people passing by. But the most populated part of it all was a special outdoor market of tents set up in the streets leading out to the clean alleyways.

As the disguised league got closer, all they could hear was loud bargaining and people gushing over the items inside.

"Jackpot," Dabi grinned.

"Alright, Spinner, Dabi, and I will hit the street shops," Shigaraki said. "Mr. Compress, Midori's clone, and Magne will take from the food stalls."

"I can put my magic tricks to use as a distraction," Mr. Compress said, flashing a deck of cards in his hands and sliding it up to his sleeve with effortless grace. The clone of Midori mindlessly nodded with a frozen grin on their face as Magne gave a thumbs up.

"Twice, Toga and Midori will take care of this tent area," Shigaraki gestured to the huge tent market.

"When all of us are done, we will meet back at this alleyway. Kurogiri will be waiting there to warp us back to the van's location," Shigaraki ordered with authority even as Toga's eyes were already fixed on the mountain of tents. "Now, don't mess this up. Get as much as you can. If we can't use it, we can sell it for money."

"Yes, sir," All of them said with almost exact unison as the group separated into three groups of three.

*

Mr. Compress immediately volunteered himself as the main distraction by deciding to distract by entertaining the people walking around the food stalls.

While he did that, Midori stood by Magne until she could find a food stall that had no customers yet crowding around. It might be because the stall was serving Takoyaki when another bigger stall was already cooking some with a big staff to take care of the people in the long line.

"I'll distract him. You get the takoyaki he has set to the side," Magne suggested as she started to walk over to the stall. Midori separated away from her to walk over to the side while she proudly walked to the front.

"Hi, handsome," Magne spoke up while the man started to dig into the boxes at his feet. "What kind of food are you selling?"

"Well, I haven't set up, lady. So don't expect special—" the man turned around revealing his rugged face that Magne thought turned more handsome as his features relaxed. Magne watched as the man's face softened, "Why hello, Miss."