Little Timeskip

At first, Kubo didn't care that much about the kid.

Giran just dumped the responsibility onto him since he couldn't bring him along. His only job was to make sure that the kid didn't die which was a simple enough task.

The beginning was simple enough since he just had to make sure that the kid was feeling better. And once the kid was healthy, he made him start his first day as his helper. He taught Izuku all about the shop and what he needed to get done every day. Kubo nicknamed the kid Midori so the customers wouldn't know his real name.

The frequent customers that came in for Kubo's special racing liquid became acquainted with the small boy since they first saw him sweeping up the dust off the floor. They poked fun at Kubo for getting a child out of nowhere, making jokes about a one-night stand that dropped him off. Kubo shut down the jokes right away because he didn't want any rumors.

It wasn't because of the fact that the boy was upset about it.

When a racing duo came in to fix up their cars, they started scheming out loud for their next drag race. Wondering what they can do since this special race included using their quirks.

Kubo had never seen the kid brighten up so quickly since he met him. The boy suddenly walked over to the two with the mop in his small hands to ask about what they can do with their quirks. Stunned, one of them answered him only to met with a wall of questions. Kubo tried to steer him away, but the duo waved him off since the kid wasn't bothering them.

The duo came back a week later after winning the drag race in second place with stunning reviews of the analysis that the kid had given them about their quirks. Since that incident, more and more customers came to the repair shop under their suggestion.

The kid made a name for himself as Midori in the underground as an unassuming analyst that can pick apart someone's quirk. Kubo and Midori ended up getting paid for their work since Midori helped the racers with their quirks and Kubo helped upgrade their cars.

And just like that, Midori shot up the ranks as the secret underground analyst at least in the illegal racing world. A world that never got talked about because of the surge of drugs, trafficking, and fighting rings throughout the underground world of japan. The majority of the underground didn't know much about Midori, they only knew that they were slowly becoming a formidable ally.

*

Things have progressed over the years since Izuku was taken in under the wings of Kubo and Giran.

Kubo started to teach him the ins and out of all the tools he had. He taught the kid while he was growing all about cars and the inside of working on engines. The first lesson was learning how to Hotwire which is a skill that Izuku loved to do. After that was learning more simple tasks like changing the oil and replacing a spare tire.

And Kubo was eventually showing his paternal affection towards the boy who reminds him of himself when he was younger. And he did it in the only way he knew how.

"And this is the spark plug, here you can keep that."

By his form of gift-giving.

Izuku picked up the spark plug from Kubo's palm, "Uh, thanks?"

"No problem, anyway with this engine you have to be careful taking what you need from it, what to add, or what to replace to make this car work. Now tell me what you see," Kubo quizzed him.

Many days passed like this with Kubo making Izuku learn on the way. And of course, he was taught how to drive because of him even if Izuku could see the amount of fear every time Izuku had his foot on the gas pedal. If he had a nickel for every time Kubo grabbed at the door handle, he could probably move out.