It wasn't just some small cut. There was a huge gash in his leg, about the size of a hand. There was blood covering the road, yet Red son ignored the pain and started walking.

"Alright then, dragon girl. A leg for a leg!" He yelled, taking off his shattered glasses and throwing them to the side. Suddenly, mountains of flames were headed straight in Mei's direction. She managed to dodge a few, but eventually hit one after another, definantly obtaining some nasty burns. She stumbled, then eventually dropped to the floor, her sword landing a few feet away from her. She managed to protect most of her face, yet her body wasn't so lucky. 

Red son dragged himself over to her dragon sword and picked it up. He then made it back over to Mei, sword in hand. He lifted it over his head and stabbed her straight in the leg.

From behind a neaby building, Wukong watched the fight, biting his nails at a rapid speed.

"Shouldn't we help them now?! Mei is as good as toast!" Wukong asked, literally shaking from how nervous he was. 

"Calm down, you big baby. Mei is fine, Mk is fine, the team is good."

"Literally what the fuck are you taking about, I doubt Mei can even walk at this point."

"Oh, just give it a bit longer. I want to see how this plays out."

Wukong stared at him before losing his shit.

"Are you kidding me, Macaque?! Oh my lord, your so annoying! We need to go help them, like right now!" 

"Not yet! I want to watch! Shut up!"

"No! I will not shut up! Mei is so dead! We gotta help her!"

"WUKONG. CHILL THE FUCK OUT. Seriously, why are you so anxious? I think the lack of sleep is finally getting to you."

"No it's not! I'm just worried!"

"When this is over, your getting some rest."

"There's no point! I'm only going to wake up after 10 minutes!"

"Then I'll put melatonin in your coffee."

"NO! THEY HAVE PESTICIDES, MACAQUE!"

"THEN SHUT UP!"

Mk groaned as he finally stood from the wall. His head hurt like shit, and his back was sore. Ignoring it, he sprang into the air with his staff. He darted towards Red from the sky, keeping the staff in front of him as he flew through the air. He felt like he was just about to land a hit as he flew closer to the demon. That's when Red son grabbed the staff.

"What!? How did you- wha- I- WHAT?!?" Mk held onto the staff for dear life as Red son tightened his grip onto it. 

"Who needs a glove when you have your bare hands!" Red son cackled. This was literally impossible, yet he was still able to carry the staff by himself. Was it the energy coming from Red himself? The fire itself? Was it the samahdi fire suddenly making him stronger? Who knows.

Red son yanked the staff out if Mk's grasp and and whacked him clean in the head. Mk fell back, feeling the blood rush from his head as he became dizzy. Managing to stay in his feet, he ran at the demon.

Mk attempted to punch him, yet his head injury was making him nauseous. Red son easily kicked him to the floor, laughing like a mad man. Mk had to get up, yet he felt as if every bone in his body broke. Nonetheless, he sat up.

Red son picked up the dragon sword and walked over to Mk. He pinned the boy to the ground, and without hesitation, he stabbed Mk straight through the shoulder.