Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"You start at the saloon." Ahsoka finished pointing to the dingy bar in front of them.

They made quite the entrance as Anakin and Oriel used the force to lift and unarm the gamorreans guards while the rest of the saloon drunkly cheered at them.

"Let me do the talking." Boba said taking the lead as he had had more experience with them types of places than the other three Jedi.

"Can I get a drink?" He asked the bar tender as he took a seat on a stool.

"How old are ya kid?" The bartender asked while polishing a glass.

"Old enough." Boba replied and the bar tender just shrugged in response and poured him a glass of blue liquid which Oriel knew to be quite strong in alcohol.

He placed down some credits on the table to pay and the bar tender examined them closely to make sure he was paid the right amount.

"You gave me to much kid." He said going to hand back Boba the change but he pushed his hand back.

"Yeah about that, I was hoping you could give me a bit of info in return for the extra credits." Boba said lowly so no one else around could hear but the Jedi could hear through the force as they lingered around the entrance.

"What do ya need boy?" The bartender replied smugly as he held the considerable amount of credits closely.

"I'm looking for some bounty hunters, three of them. They go by the names Rako Hardeen, Cad Bane and –" He begun but the bar tender seemed to already know who he was talking about.

"Moralo Eval. I know em, came round here not long before you, just missed them. I heard one of em say they bought a ship. If I were you I'd go to the North docking bay, all smugglers dock their ships their." He informed just as lowly as Boba was talking.

"Thanks." The padawan thanked and went to take a sip of his beverage but it was flown from his grasp before he could take a sip.

"You're fifteen, not eighteen." Oriel scolded walking up to him.

"Now we better hurry, they'll be leaving soon as they most likely saw us land our shuttle." She instructed and tugged on the boys blue tunic.

"Sorry Master." He apologised and followed the others out of the saloon and towards the north docking bays.

When they arrived they found a ship dealer and showed him a hologram of the three fugitives and he seemed the recognise them.

"They just left, but they couldn't have gotten very far." The dealer said in his native language.

"How do you know they couldn't have gotten very far?" Anakin asked but it was more of a demand.

"They asked for a ship, not fuel. The nearest fuel station is about 10 clicks out that my brother owns." He replied smugly.

"So you only gave them enough fuel to reach the nearest filling station on Orondia which is owned by your brother?" Oriel asked and then chuckled. "Well that's a nice little money-making scam." She laughed with he dealer.

"Boba, pay this man very generously." She said and Boba chucked the man quite a few credits who looked at them greedily.

"We better get going, Orondia's pretty deserted." Ahsoka said. "They may steal a ship there to throw us off their trail."

"I like your thinking." Anakin praised his padawn and they headed back to their shuttle.

❆ ❆ ❆

The four Jedi made their way to the filling station on the deserted rock called Orondia and Boba pointed to a ship that was docked.