17 ~ How Enchanting

Start from the beginning

They followed the group that followed the monster. Little drops of Grom dripped along its path.

One drop manifested in front of Hunter and (Y/n), separating them from the group.

"What the-" (Y/n) gasped as the small drop duplicated in size, transforming into a second Grom.

Grom stared at (Y/n) and then at Hunter. It shot a string of black goo, sticking to Hunter's forehead. The boy's eyes turned cyan as his body went limp.

It began to shape shift as it approached Hunter.

It took the shape of.. (Y/n).

"Huh?" She questioned under her breath.

Am.. I his worst fear? That doesn't make any sense...

Grom as (Y/n) began to turn to stone.

"Hunter!" It screamed in (Y/n)'s voice, pleading for help. "Hunter, help me!" It begged.

Hunter shuddered in fear, taking a step back and wincing at the sight. He couldn't take his eyes off the horrifying view.

"This.. is your... fault, Hunter." Grom choked out. "You could have saved me. I hate you." Its last words were.

Hunter covered his mouth and cowered from the sight. "Y-you're not real. You.." He choked back fearful tears as he fell down.

(Y/n) frowned and stabbed the imposter with an icicle. "Get away from him, you fake!" She yelled.

Grom roared and shot strings of goo at her, she swiftly dodged and hit the monster with a thick block of ice.

"Icy toss!" She yelled, flinging a massive ball of ice into Grom's face.

The fake (Y/n) stumbled backwards before poofing into a blue smoke.

With a huff, (Y/n) turned to Hunter, "Hunter, are you okay?" She asked, running over to him.

"I-.." He couldn't speak. He was shaking.

So his biggest fear is me turning to stone again.

"Hunter-" She knelt down to him, resting on her knees.

(Y/n) was cut off by Hunter wrapping his arms around her. He hugged her tightly and didn't let go. "I- I'm afraid I'll lose you and be powerless to stop it. I'm afraid I'll have to watch you die by my own blood's hand. I'm afraid it'll be my fault that you're no longer by my side." Hunter confessed as tears began to wet (Y/n)'s dress.

(Y/n) hugged the crying boy until he calmed down. His tears dried and his breathing slowed.

"It's okay, Hunter. You won't lose me, okay?"

"You've been the only good thing in my life. I- I can't lose you. Please." He begged.

"Hunter, you're preaching to the choir, I will never choose to leave your side. I promise. I love being your partner. I'll stick with you until death do us part, I swear."

"That's just it. You don't have a say in it."

"What?"

"If I fuck up again, Belos threatened to turn you to stone! If I do something he doesn't like, you'll become a statue.." He admitted. "I'll be the reason you die!"

"Hunter, I-"

"I'm sorry," He interrupted. "I'm so sorry that you're in this position where your life is basically in my hands, I-I.. your family, you- I- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He cried.

"Hunter listen to me." (Y/n) hugged him tighter. "I will fight my hardest to prevent that from happening. Okay? I will make sure that you aren't alone anymore."

A blossoming tree sprouted in the distance. Its pink flowers fell all around the forest, even on (Y/n) and Hunter.

"I don't want to leave your side." Hunter mumbled as he sat up from (Y/n)'s warm embrace and laid down.

(Y/n) laid next to him, the blushing pedals fell beside them.

"I don't want you to leave my side either." She replied. "You mean a lot to me, man."

"You too." A smile snuck onto Hunter's face as he looked at her from the side.

She was beautiful to him. The most beautiful witch on the isles, he would say. Every little detail was perfect about her. Any flaw that anyone could see was imaginary to him. She was flawless in his eyes.

She was especially beautiful in that dress. The beautifully simple one that complimented his own outfit.

Her eyes shimmered in the moonlight and her hair flew in the wind.

Could there be anything more perfect?

(Y/n) stood up and offered her hand, "Care to dance, Goldilocks?"

The girl twirled her finger and a gorgeous viola came out of an orange circle spell.

The viola played itself, strumming a beautiful tune fit for a slow dance.

Hunter stood up and took his partner's hand. Neither of them knew how to dance, but they swayed and stepped to the music, eventually getting the hand of it.

They danced for hours, until they could no longer hear the music of Grom in the distance.

Hunter held (Y/n) in his arms as they swayed in the blue light of the moon. Their waltz soon came to an end and they collapsed to the ground, exhausted.

And that's where they slept for the remainder of the night, in the forest with (Y/n) in Hunter's arms.