𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚡𝚒𝚒𝚒

Start from the beginning

"GIVE US THE KID", someone demanded then a bullet was sent into the back fo my leg. I fell forward falling right onto my knee. Two of my tentacle shot out from my back whacking away the person who shot me.

My body pushed the bullet out then reconnected my nerves quickly. I have to heal faster I can't waste time. I staggered back up onto my feet and turned around to face the army of officers.

"Come any close and I will eat the child", I threatened with the most emotionless voice I could muster. I turned back around and continued walking down the sidewalk heading to the abandoned warehouse not too far from my home, there cursed shouting and the word "monster" as they kept shooting at me from a distance. My butterfly wings protected my son. I don't care how agonizing my lower half felt. As long as he was safe I don't care what happens to me.

"You're going to eat me", Tenko questioned causing me to look at him. "No never", I answered. "You would taste nasty", I joked sticking my tongue out at him causing him to let out a laugh. His smile soon went away when he heard the raining bullets. He looked around in the small dome we were in. The light shown against my butterfly wings giving off a warm reddish glow similar to a light through your thumb.

"Why are they shooting at us", he questioned. I smiled at him. "Because I'm a monster, like you said", I answered. "You're not a monster", he frowned. "I am Tenko, but that's okay it what I was born to b-be", I explained stopping a hiss from slipping from in between my lips.  "You're tired aren't you", I questioned changing the subject. "Mhm", he hummed resting his head against my shoulder.

"I know you are. It's raining outside its making you sleepy", I explained. "How does rain make you sleepy", he questioned. "I don't know baby, but its sounds nice doesn't it", I questioned. "Yeah..", he mumbled closing his eyes. "Want me to sing you a song", I offered. "You can sing", he questioned. "Mhm I was a famous singer back in my day", I joked. "You're lying", he chuckled tiredly. "Wowwww You sayin I sing terribly", I jokingly gasped it soon turn into an actual one when I felt a bullet dig into my back near my lower spine.

"Mom", Tenko questioned lifting his head up to look at me. "J-Just lay down baby, you want me to sing don't you", I chuckled. "Lay down let me sing you a song", I smiled. Tenko did what I said and rest his head against my shoulder again.

"Someday I'll find my way home. The trees and the wind will lead the way", I sung. Bullets were digging into my back. I could feel my blood leaking out from the wounds drenching my lower half. I could feel it drying up while some leaked onto the pavement I was walking on.

"..All of these y-years on my own. They flew right by, so what can you say", I continued. "They flew right by, so what can you say", I sung. My tentacles moved on instinct. The years of bloodshed and betraying I did etched into their bone like cubes like markings on a wall. They knew to kill whoever approached. They took the heads, torso, chopped up any shooter that got too close to me. I felt one of my tentacles whip up towards the sky above me killing a hero that was hovering above me.

Tenko's sleep remained undisturbed. I smiled down at him maneuvering my head to be able kiss him on the forehead. I let my lips linger, tears were filling my eyes as I sung the song that my father use sing to me. I knew I was never going to be able to hold Tenko again after this. Even so I won't go down without a fight, I'll keep fighting to be able to stay in his life. To watch him grow. To watch him prosper. I know I don't have the right to. From killing my own parents, killing mothers and children I don't serve the right as a mother. Even so I will fight like one. They won't take my son away from me.

"They flew right by, so what can you say?", I chuckled still singing. The pain has become numb now. A genuine smile graced my face. I was still singing not missing a word.