Chapter 12

Chapter 12

'Is he going to release Sylvia Jacques as a hunter on the hunting ground, and make her kill her mother and brother with her own hands...?'

Whatever I imagined, the idea beyond that made me hardened.

"Isn't that a good idea? I know what you're worried about."

Raniero took the glass from my hand and passed over the alcohol I was drinking. Then, he grabbed my waist before slowly walking back to the room.

"Does Sylvia Jacques have any intention of harming you or not..."

"Oh, thank you for recognizing my worries..."

Saying so, I shrugged my shoulders a little.

Eventually, he stopped near the table and poured another glass again. As soon as he filled the glass, the bottle ran out.

"It's obvious that ordinary people have troubles, right?"

He then finished his words.

"So, shouldn't we be more thankful? ...Because now, you don't have to think about it."

To be honest, it was amazing for him to even be able to guess what ordinary people were thinking. In the meantime, there was nothing I could do but to admire the fact that he could see through my thoughts.

"Of course, your ordinary thoughts like that only add to my boredom."

"Ma, may I bring you another bottle of wine?"

Your Majesty, whenever you put the word 'boredom' in your mouth, my heart is filled with suspense...

Though Raniero ignored me and sat down on my bed with a glass of wine.

As he crossed his legs with an arrogant look, he tilted his head to gaze at me. I couldn't put my head higher than him, so I quickly sat on the floor.

At that, his laughter was heard.

"Bring in Sylvia Jacques, my love. However, on a condition."

"Conditional, as expected..."

"Yes, say you would appoint her as a maid as a reward when she performs the role of a hunter well."

Raniero tilted the glass pleasantly. His upper lip was drenched in fragrant wine and glistened slightly.

"If that girl was trying to approach you because of her family's resentment, her mind would collapse the moment she took on the role of a hunter. How could a mad woman do the job of serving the Empress? "

I had no choice but to stare up at Raniero, who had said such things casually, with some blood drained from my face.

Seeing my reaction, Raniero bent his upper body and reached out his hand. Tucking my hair behind my ears, he continued in a sweet voice.

"Then, Sylvia Jacques will fall into the abyss before she can harm you, so you have nothing to lose, do you?"

Numerous thoughts flooded my mind at that moment, though I just shut my eyes tightly.

I cannot refuse the method Raniero suggested. Especially, if he even added the formula 'It would be fun,' to the method.

I nodded my head gently.

The method was as certain as cruel.

My heart pounded.

"Oh... I thought it was a good method, but why do you have such a face?"

As his voice got closer, I slowly opened my eyes. There, Raniero, kneeling on one of his knees, bit the tip of my nose and opened his mouth again.

"It must be because you have an absurdly soft soul. Don't you think so?"