Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Oh, it can't be! How dare I do such a blasphemous thing!"f

I hurriedly jumped to my feet and shouted.

But, I got up so hastily that I stepped on the hem of the wedding dress I was wearing, and fell forward.
​​
"Ahh—"

Although I fell unseemly, I was glad that my body responded swiftly. In front of Raniero, everything must be done quickly.
​​
How much he tormented the heroine, Seraphina, for not answering quickly.
​​
And, how many servants have lost their heads because they didn't quickly correct what he didn't like?

All answers must be made within five seconds!

'But,' 'although' and 'however' are absolutely forbidden words!

"Raise your head."
​​
I raised my head as I was told.

Even in the middle of the darkened room, there was a shining presence. With one hand on his back, Raniero tilted his head and looked down at me, then trampled the hem of my dress with his boots.

"I'll give you a chance to explain, Empress."

As he narrowed his eyes, a laugh rang inside his neck.
​​
My fingertips were cold.

At that moment, I closed my eyes tightly and shouted whatever came to my mind.

"I—I mean, I have a chronic disease of fainting with my eyes open, Your Majesty!"

"Oh... Are you shouting in front of me?"

At his words, I immediately corrected the parts that Raniero didn't like. Whisper, whisper.

"I... I have a chronic disease of fainting with my eyes open, Your Majesty."

"Ho? I had not heard of such a story when I received a letter about you from Unro Kingdom."

"That, that... It doesn't happen that often..."

Full brain power operation.
​​
My head was spinning as I scattered to find the correct answer.

"Ah, perhaps because His Majesty's presence is so intense... Maybe I couldn't stand it as a small person..."

"I see, so..."

Raniero smiled sweetly and patted my dress with her heel before finishing the sentence.

"It's my responsibility?"

Ugh! Yeah, of course. If he lets it go like that, it's not Raniero.

I put my palms on the floor and lowered my head.

That's right. The so-called 'Please kill me' pose.
​​
"If, if anyone looks directly at the sun, they will become blind... But, no one will ever say that the sun is guilty."
​​
"Oh. I see, then..."
​​
Ahh! Stop it now. No more!

I'm using up all of my wit today! What else is he going to say now?

As I lay down on the floor, almost hitting my forehead, I took a deep breath to control my pounding heart.

'Still, I'm glad I haven't received an order to bring a knife yet.'

When I was thinking about something else for a second, I could hear a voice above me again.

"Are you not going to see my face for the rest of your life because you're going to faint?"

"N, no. Of course, with pleasure, if Your Majesty allows it..."

"I'll allow it."
​​
...Pardon?

What?
​​
So, is he saying that he allows that I can't see, or that he allows me to look?