꧁ 𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Karma?" He asks, holding the tiger's collar a bit looser. "Like... Negans son?" He adds. Well fuck. Karma knows he's in for it now. The man with the tiger as a pet is going to be the one to kill him.

Rosita uses her arm to push Karma behind her slightly, and he doesn't need to be told twice.

"he's a kid, man- a good kid at that" Rosita starts, looking at Ezekiel warningly. "So maybe don't sick Shiva on him just yet, alright?" She adds, a sarcastic smirk spread across her lips.

Ezekiel frowns and tightens his grip on Shiva's collar once more. He turns back to Rick and Aaron and continues their conversation.

Rosita turns back towards the teen, a soft expression on her face, "Why don't you get to work? I'll come to visit you later, yeah?" She requests. Karma nods and turns on his heel walking towards the gardening area.

His work is quite simple. The hardest thing he had done all day was plant a few new seeds, which, Karma believes he's gotten pretty good at.

and as Rosita promised, she stopped by around one with some lunch for the two of them, and to hang out. The two sat down on un-sturdy crates and talked for a while. Nothing important as always, just small talk about shower thoughts or would you rather questions.

"If you were a mermaid, what color would your tail be?" Karma asks, taking a firm bite out of a sandwich Rosita had provided. The Latina almost laughs,

"Excuse me?" She asks a leathered hand, hovering over her mouth. Karma repeats himself. and Rosita thinks. "I don't know, that is the weirdest question I've ever been asked." She admits. Karma smiles,

"Makes you think, doesn't it?"

Rosita nods, a laugh pressed between her lips.
"um... I think my tail would be warm colors. like a sunset type thing" Karmas head perks up,

"Creative" Rosita nods, finishing off her sandwich.

Rosita's name is called somewhere in the distance, and the two take it as a sign that their lunch break is over,

"See ya around, kid" Rosita smiles, patting Karmas's shoulder and walking towards where she was called.

The rest of Karmas's shift is pretty calm. one thing He's asked to help with is to restock the pantry. The boy agrees, but he doesn't realize how hard the task actually would be for him.

As he makes his way to the pantry, a sinking feeling in his gut continues to grow. and when he reaches the pantry he understands.

Olivia was in charge of the pantry.

Karma quickly places the food where it needs, making sure not to linger on his thoughts too long.

as he's putting away his final piece of food, karma notices something on the counter, a small post-it note. On it, there's a small unfinished drawing of a bird.

Karma holds the note delicately in his hands. Was she planning on finishing this drawing? would she maybe create some kind of portrait about it?

Maybe she had planned to do these things before Karma ended her life. Before karma took away the chance for her to create something amazing.