Besides, I was worried that the Empress's work would be murderous even though I didn't know...

She knows how to exclude me from that, but still listens to me like this?

Is this the life everyone dreams of? Right? A rich, unemployed person?

'I'm not such a bad person to blame Raniero for being a bit unemployed.'

If things in the palace go well, he won't even know if I'm working or not, right?

They are the servants, so if they don't want to see the Emperor angry, they would have to handle it all on their own. Well, in the end, even though they are the ones who are bullying me, they are the ones who would be having a hard time.

How can there be such victim-friendly harassment?

'However...'

This situation would be beneficial to me, and not to Cisen.

I'm not happy without her, either. ​The refusal to keep her by my side is a part of ostracism, by trying to get her out of my mind.

"I can't believe the princess is getting married to the Actilus Empire ruled by the mad Emperor. You can't do this!"

She is so loyal to me that she risked her life and told the truth.

Though that isn't all.
​​
Having her by my side is rather useful. It is because she is of lower status than me, meaning that she would receive less attention. So, it would be faster to send Cisen if I had to sneak around.
​​
'But, where is Cisen?'

Well, I could ask them?

Even though I am being 'bullied,' I am still the Empress of Actilus. Aren't they superficially assisting me so that they don't get caught?

There would be no problem if I asked about Cisen's whereabouts.

"The esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques. I have a question..."

"Ask me."

The esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques bent down before I could even finish my words. Now, knowing that this was bullying, her polite manners seemed exaggerated.

"There's a maid from my home country."

"I know."

"Where is the child now? She's nowhere to be seen."

A small smile appeared on the lips of the esteemed Madam, as if she was waiting for me to ask this question.

"Your Majesty, you are no longer the Second Princess of Unro, but the Madam of the Actilus Empire. Changes will be required in the surrounding environment. I apologize if my direct words sounded rude. However..."

Oh. She wouldn't dare use the word 'however' to the Emperor.

Is the Empress amusing to the esteemed Madam, now?

...So much so that she could torment and make ridicule out of me?

I cut her off with a smile, the same as the esteemed Madam of Marquis did.
​​
"I know where I am best, I even know what it means to be an empress. So, I don't think it matters much if I bring a maid from my home country? And, that was not my question. Where is Cisen?"

At my words, the usual expressionless face, which the Marquis' mother usually wore, was slightly cracked. Nonetheless, she bowed her back deeply, trying not to show it.

"As long as your maid, Cisen, comes to Actilus, she will have to obey the laws of the Empire. She is now training to be a maid worthy of Actilus."

"But, why didn't you tell me in advance?"