Chapter 38

❝𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵, 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘬❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~Caiden's Pov~

"I just don't get it. Why would you risk your life? You didn't even want to do this. I-"

"Caiden, pleas-"

I cut Regulus off. He was telling me how he had joined the death eaters at the beginning of the year, and now he's going against them. He told me he wanted to go find Voldemort's locket or something. I didn't understand, and I didn't want to.

"You can't just do this. What do you think your family will say? What do you think-"

"Caiden!" He yelled at me. "Stop!"

"No, I can't just let you do this. If something happens, what, what do you think will happen to me? You're the only person I talk to. Why can't I help?"

"You always have Y/n to talk to, Sirius, if you really want to. You can't come because it's too dangerous."

"I can't let you do this." I didn't know what else to say, I didn't even know what to do. I headed for the door.

"Wait, no-" But I already closed the door. I walked through the common room, gaining looks from almost everyone. That was the weird thing. I was usually on good terms with everyone in my house or year. 

Whatever.

Least of my concerns.

What better to do than to walk around the castle? So that's what I did. Something just told me to head to the library, maybe it was because there was a book I wanted to read or something. Again, whatever.

≿━━𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩━━≾

I was reading a book when someone tapped my shoulder. "Yes?" I looked up.

"Hey." Y/n stood behind me, then pulled out a chair next to me. "Did you read the Daily Profit?" She asked.

"No, why?"

"Oh, maybe because, wait no, just read it." She slid me a copy of the Daily Profit.

The headline read: House Traitor Due To Sister Influence?

From a recent interview with one of Hogwarts's famed students, Y/n L/n, a Pureblood from the L/n family which is also a loyal line of Slytherins, at least it stopped with her. (Same with the Blacks')  She says that she is happy with her house. "Sometimes I do feel like life would be more story-like if I was in Slytherin. Like, you just know that's how you'll be classified. But my life has definitely been unexpected." Our reporter had also asked her about her brother, Caiden L/n. "He is more comforted as he is. But I can't say if he enjoys it. Again, I really can not speak for him." 

Overall, the conclusion of this article is that family influence is strong, and it can spread from sibling to sibling. Are house traitors a real thing? Read our future papers to find out!!

I threw the paper down and she grabbed it. "You really said all of that?" 

"No!" She had a hurt look in her eye. "You really think I would say all of that?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"I tried to push them away. I wanted to be left alone. Do you know how much they twist your words? You could say you hate something, but just for reads, they'll say you love it."

"I guess I never thought of that."

"All I said is that I didn't want to talk, that I'm happy with my house, my life is unexpected, and that I can't fake your opinion. Does that sound anywhere as dramatic?"

"No." 

"That's what I thought."

"Maybe that's why everyone in the common room looked at me weird."

"That doesn't seem like that's all. One people keep talking about it, and two, someone ended up bringing Regulus in the conversation, he might get a little upset."

"What do they know about him?"

"Nothing? You are just friends with them. People will talk about anything and everything. What happened?"

"Nothing." I looked at my feet.

"Hm, ok. Keep this if you want. I'm done with it. I actually have multiple copies. Sirius was mad because they put his family's name into it, and everyone is making comments to me." She slid it back to me and left.

How can today be any worse? 

≿━━𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩━━≾

It was dinner, and I was sitting in the Great Hall by myself because Regulus wasn't there, and I didn't want to talk to him. 

"Look, it's the house traitor." A nearby 7th year snarled at me.

"If you don't shut the bloody hell up, I'll hex you, and you'll be sorry that you ever spoke to me."

He turned around looking embarrassed. I looked around, just being curious as to what was happening at different tabled, but then I saw Regulus walk in. I was pretty much done eating, so I got up and walked to the common room.

Not even ten minutes after I got there and into the door, he walked in. When he did, I was looking at the copy of the Daily Profit that Y/n had given me.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Just some overdramatic shit from the paper about me and my sister. Y/n said some people are talking about you too."

"Yeah, I read that earlier." He got quiet. "Look, I'm sorry about what I said. But It just has to be done."

"Again with the 'has to' or 'too dangerous' and everything else. I'm done with losing people. My respect for my dad, the respect for my dead mother. My sister, yeah we've talked a few times like today, but we're still not as close as we used to be. And now you."

"Who else is going to do it?"

 "I don't know, but it doesn't have to be you."

"It's going to be fine."

"I've been waiting for someone to tell me that all my life, but this doesn't count. You can't just go do something risky and say it'll all be fine."

"But it will. I thought about it. Leaving you would be the worst thing I could do. If I did survive, I couldn't live with myself."

"I wouldn't have let you do it anyway."

"I know." He smiled.

(This chapter sucks, but I didn't know what to do with Caiden or Regulus. I kinda get a connection between them as more than friends, but at the same time I see them as really strong best friends)

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

-𝟏𝟎𝟑𝟔 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬-