Rotten Peachs

After about 45 minuets of driving we had pulled up to what seemed to be a farm. Elton opened the car door and escorted all of use out. I could tell this was a surprise for all of us, but I knew it was mostly for Bernie.

"E-Elton.... You didn't....." Bernie whispered.

I looked around until I saw it. This was Bernie's ranch!

"I knew you had been a bit homesick for a while now... So I thought I'd take you back to the place you started at." Elton replied.

Bernie smiled brightly.

"Elton my brother, you don't know what this means to me. Really. Thank you...." Bernie replied.

We walked to Bernie's father's house which was located at the front of the ranch.

Bernie walked carefully up the stairs before knocking apon the door.

A few seconds pasted and a man had opened the door.

"Looking if your trying to sell something go awa-" the man stopped and looked directly at Bernie.

"He dad..." Bernie said with a big smile.

"Bernie... Haven't seen you in a while. Come on in." He said. We followed Bernie inside before sitting down on his father's worn couch.

"So I hear your sort of famouse now yeah?" Bernie's dad asked while sipping on a cup of coffee.

"Sort of. I mean I guess. Im not really the famouse one, I just make a decent amount of money I suppose. Elton is the famouse one" Bernie said with a nerves smile.

"Nonsense, your son deserves to be the famouse one, not me. He writes the lyrics, he has helped me along the way, he is amazing. There's no me without him. " Elton said. Bernie smiled once more.

"Right, so have you finally meet someone?" Bernie's dad asked with a laugh.

"Auctlly I have..." Bernie replied, wrapping his arm around Kiki. She smiled.

"It's lovely to meet you!" Kiki said.

"You too!" Bernie's father's replied, shaking Kiki's hand.

We continued talking for a while.

"So dad.... While we're here... Is there anything we could help you with... You know on the fame?" Bernie asked. His father grinned.

"Well, the peach's are auctlly ready to pick I believe. If we don't hurry and get them all picked by tomorrow sub rise they might be fully rotten." He said.

"Great, come along then!" Bernie said. We all stud up and began walking outside to the peach trees. Once we got there we all grabbed a basket and started picking the peach's. We picked, and picked, and picked, until we had collected all the peach's. It toke some hours. Infact the whole afternoon was gone by now. The clock had already struck 20:00pm now.

We brought the peach's back inside, wished Bernie's father goodbye, and headed back to Elton's mansion. We were all clearly exhausted from climbing ladders to get to the tops of trees and carrying the heavy baskets. Elton was stroking my hair. I looked up at him smiling weakly. I laid my head on his shoulder. After a long quite moment in the limo, I guess I had fallen asleep, since when I finally woke up, I had been laid on Elton's bed.

Aw! Elton must have carried me up here! How nice of him! I love him so much!

I wrapped my self around Elton, laying my head on his chest before falling back asleep.

This whole experience has felt like a dream, and I hope it never ends!