Chapter 10

No one's p.o.v.

(I typically don't  put out warnings, but I think it would be appropriate for this one. Gore, blood, dead bodies, mention of animal abuse.)

(Y/n) is currently sitting on the couch thinking about a lot of things. The guest had left awhile ago, except for one.

"...Uhhh so...mind telling me what's on your mind kid?" Ging asked after he released a long sigh.

"Mom...I mean (M/n) had released me from her nen before she died. And I can't tell what's real or fake anymore." (Y/n) said quietly to him, not making eye contact.

"I see...And I'm afraid I can't really help much with that. I mean I don't know what were the exact things that she changed or got locked away." Ging said also not making eye contact with her.

"There is something you might be able to tell me...did I really killed her husband, her children...did I tried to kill her?"

"...Yeah that actually happened."

"...Then could you tell me why...why would she continue keep me near...continue loving me?"

"I don't know, but from my little analysis, it could have been guilt."

"Guilt?" (Y/n) asked now looking at him.

"Well before saying or ask anything else I'd like to say that, I'm not a psychologist or any of that sort. I'm just going off of from what she said."

I didn't say anything as a sign for him to continue.

Flashback Ging's p.o.v.

"You know you didn't need to come along, right?" (M/n) asked as we ran.

"Of course I know that. I came here with because you got scared after that phone call. I mean dauntless (M/n), who could be chased around by ferocious beast treated like a game of tag, but one phone call got you so spooked I thought I saw you age a few years within few days." I said jokingly.

"This isn't funny! I think something horrible happened. The maid wouldn't call me if it wasn't serious." She said.

"...I was just trying lighten up your mode a bit..." I said and stayed quiet for the rest of the way till we made it to the mansion.

"...Do you hear that?" She asked me as we stopped.

"...I don't hear anything. Somethings not right here." I said.

"Yeah...When we get closer to the building let's split up. I'll go in through the front door. While you go and through the back, okay?"

"Sure." I said.

When we split up I made may way to the back. Without opening the door I could smell something nasty from inside. And I was right. When I opened the door I was immediately greeted by a bunch of corpses on the ground. Blood and guts were scattered around the kitchen area.

'What the hell happened here?'

As I was walking past the bodies, there was a strange bookshelf. There wasn't anything strange about the shelf it self, but the way it stood. So I looked into it a bit and turns out there is a secert door behind it.

I went down the stairs, it was dark so I couldn't see so well. But there a light at the end and there were more bodies.

'This guy seems familiar but where...oh it's (M/n) husband. But the bigger question here is what happened? He couldn't have been killed so easily. (D/n) is an assassin himself. And famous in his own unique way.'

Looking around some more I saw what seems too be a cat or what's left of it.

'Poor little guy, he didn't go out easy.'