Chapter - 3

As the radiant sunlight streamed through the stained glass windows of the church, Dahyun and Momo stood hand in hand at the altar, surrounded by their loved ones. The air was filled with anticipation and love, the solemnity of the occasion tinged with an undeniable sense of joy.

"I, Dahyun, take thee, Momo, to be my wedded wife," Dahyun began, his voice steady and filled with conviction. "To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith." With a sweet smile, he gently slid the ring onto Momo's finger, sealing his vow with a tangible symbol of their love.

All around them, family members and guests sat in rapt attention, their eyes filled with warmth and admiration as the couple exchanged their vows.

"I, Momo, take thee, Dahyun, to be my wedded husband," Momo declared, her voice filled with the same unwavering determination and love. "To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith." With a smile mirroring Dahyun's, she delicately placed the ring on his finger, sealing their promise of forever with a tender gesture.

"You have declared your consent before the Church," the priest announced solemnly. "May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. That God has joined, man must not separate. Amen. Now you may kiss your bride."

With a gentle touch, Dahyun removed the bride's veil, revealing Momo's radiant smile. With a loving gaze, he pulled her close, his hand resting gently on her waist as he pressed his lips to hers. Momo returned the kiss with equal fervor, her hands finding their place on his broad shoulders. The room erupted in cheers and applause, the joyous sound echoing off the walls of the church.

As the newlyweds made their way to the exit, a sense of bittersweet emotion filled the air. Family and friends gathered at the gate of the church, reluctant to bid farewell but filled with happiness for the couple's new journey together.

"When we were abroad, I'd wonder with little Momo in my lap... How should I teach her our culture?" Mr. Hirai's voice trembled with emotion as he addressed his daughter and her new family. "But I saw I didn't have to make any efforts. Automatically, she imbibed all those qualities. Today, I know why. She had to bind a cord to your family. Go, my child. To your house." With tears in his eyes, he embraced his daughter tightly, knowing that she was embarking on a new chapter of her life filled with love and happiness.

As Momo hugged her father back, her heart swelled with gratitude for the love and support of her father and the promise of a beautiful future with Dahyun by her side. And with one last glance back at her father, she stepped forward, ready to begin the next chapter of her life as Mrs. Dahyun, surrounded by love and endless possibilities.

------

After arriving home, Momo was warmly welcomed by the entire family, each member eager to introduce themselves and extend their heartfelt congratulations. Gathered in the cozy living room, the air was filled with excitement and anticipation for the newlyweds' future together.

"This is Sung-jae and Soo-young, Jeongyeon's brother and his wife," Seo-joon introduced them to Momo, who greeted them with a respectful bow.

"Be happy. Congratulations, Dahyun and Momo ssi," Soo-young said, her smile warm as she handed them a beautifully wrapped gift.

"Soo-young really takes care of Nayeon. Like a little sister," Min-yong remarked with fondness.

"She is worth it. Both my kids only stay with her," Soo-young replied, wrapping an arm around Nayeon affectionately.