Chapter 13 {Happy Birthday}

{Image credit: @phinehasmaximuss}💗💗

It was a pretty normal day in the Afton household. William was sitting and reading the newspaper. Michael was in his room listening to music. Elizabeth sat on the floor and played with her dolls. Evan also sat on the floor, but he was wrapping a present. It wasn't a normal day for him at all. It was Gregory's birthday. He topped the red bow on the top of the box and smiled. He picked it up and ran downstairs to his father. He showed his dad the present in a 'I'm done!' Kind of gesture. William sighed. "Yer done? Good for you." He went back to the newspaper. CC pouted, pointing to the garage. He wanted to drive to the party now. William sighed some more, putting down the paper. "Right, fine. Let's go." He hobbled over to the garage and Evan excitedly followed, hopping into the car with the present on his lap.

They drive for a while, in pure silence of course. Evan was mute and William just didn't wanna talk to his kids. But Evan was happy nonetheless. He held the present on his lap looking at it happily, thinking of all the different ways Gregory could react to it. He started getting giddy thinking about it; so giddy in fact, he didn't even notice they had arrived at the birthday boys house. Evan wiggled excitedly unbuckling himself and opening the door. He waved to William who sarcastically waved back and sped off. He skipped to the front door and knocked, but there was nothing to knock on since a familiar foster father had opened the door already. "Hello CC!" CC jumped happily. "Hello!" Freddy smiled. That's when Evan noticed Gregory behind him, he looked so incredibly short compared to the 6,7 man. He tried to squeeze past Freddy but the blue and orange haired man scooted to the opposite side and Gregory practically fell through the door at CC. "You came!!!" Evan smiled and jumped up and down with Gregory "Yes of course I did!!!" Gregory grabbed him by the hand and ran into the building causing Freddy to chuckle at their excitement.

For some odd reason, Evan had expected it to only be him and Gregory. That was not the case... there were kids way older than him, adults he'd never seen and one girl that he wished he'd never seen. Dani. Gregory had invited Dani. He shuddered a little with pure anxiety, but it was over when Gregory had pulled him into his room. "Here's my room CC! I told you I'd show you some day!" Evan looked around, trying to shake his overwhelmed little heart. "Wow! It's so big and blue!! There's stars everywhere!" Evan smiled happily and Gregory smiled confidently. But CC couldn't help turning to his friend. "Greggy..?" Gregory tilted his head. "There's a lot of people.. and Dani's here.." Gregory's face morphed into pure exasperation. "Can you.. try to get along with her for one day..?" CC looked offended. "But I don't like her!" Gregory sighed "I know you don't.. hey! What if.. you get along with her and then once everyone leaves you can sleep over!" Evan looked him up and down trying to figure out if he liked that idea or not... he decided that he did. "Ok.. fine.. I'll be nice to her for one day!" Gregory smiled "yay!!"

Soon enough the two of them walked out to greet everyone else that was there. Evan put the present on the pile that was carefully stacked on the table. He looked around at all the kids there. Gregory was talking to a group of them and Freddy was socializing with the adults. It was loud.. he didn't like that the only time he got to be at Gregory's house there were tons of others. He sat strangely in the corner.

Until a girl with dark black pigtails, a yellow shirt  and a overall skirt walked over to him. He looked up at her with confusion, he didn't know her at all... but she spoke to him nonetheless. "Hi! I like your overalls. I have some on too!" CC couldn't help but smile, and even though he was mute he thought why not respond. "Oh.. thank you!" She nodded and sat down in front of him, her pigtails bouncing a little. "What's your name?" Evan didn't know why he had to think about that question.. "CC! What's yours?" She smiled. "My name is Cassidy!" Evan smiled as well. As strangely nervous as he was, it was nice to have someone to talk to. Especially since Gregory was occupied... "I came here because you looked lonely.. why are you sitting in the corner alone?" CC was caught off guard. "Oh uhm.. I only know one person here.. and I was nervous with all the people around.." Cassidy nodded, she understood. "Oh ok, yeah.. there is a lot of people here.. and lemme guess, the only person you know is the birthday boy?" CC nodded. "Knew it! I barely know him at all.. my dad made me come cause he's friends with Freddy.." CC tilted his head. "Who's your dad?" Cassidy pointed to a tall man speaking with Freddy, he had black hair just like her. CC thought he might know him, but he was wrong...

Cassidy and Evan talked for a while. About their lives, parents, school, all different kinds of things. Gregory came bouncing over, fueled with pure excitement. "Hey CC!! It's dinner and cake time!" He ran off as soon as he was done speaking, sitting at the table with everyone else. Cassidy put a hand out to CC, standing up. He took her hand and the two of them went to the table and grabbed some pizza. they sat on the couch and talked more. Even though Evan was sad that Gregory was more entertained by all the other people he didn't know... he had a new friend, and because of that, time flew by pretty quickly. Soon it was cake time, and they watched Gregory blow out the candles. They scarfed the cake down quickly so they could exchange contact information and continue having fun.

Then, presents came. Gregory got a bunch of cool things but CC thought his present was the best. He had gotten Gregory a brown teddy bear with a black shirt on. The shirt had two gray stripes painted on, just like Evans favorite shirt he wore. Gregory smiled, hugging the bear immediately. "Thank you CC! It's so soft!" Almost everyone looked at Evan and smiled, even Cassidy. He felt Special.

                               ・❥・

"Bye!!! Thanks for comingggg!!!" Gregory exclaimed as the rest of the guests left the house. CC waved at Cassidy as she walked away holding her dads hand. She waved back with her other hand. Freddy closed the door and turned around, looking back at the giant mess the party caused. He sighed. "Oh boy.."
Gregory on the other hand, grabbed CC's and started to run upstairs with him. The two of them got prepared for bed. Brushing their teeth, putting on their pjs. Evan had to wear some of Gregory's pajamas because he didn't bring any. CC was happy he finally got to hang out with his best friend, time alone with just the two of them.
Once the time came they laid in Gregory's giant bed. Evan faced Gregory but, Gregory had his back turned away from his friend. After a while CC got impatient and crawled across the boy to see what was supposedly more important than he was. His eyes peeked over and noticed the brown teddy bear Evan had gotten him, nestled into Gregory's arms. The boy was already asleep, tired from all the things that happened today. CC smiled, he did truly love the gift. He blushed a little and cuddled Gregory from behind, content and happy he didn't have to deal with the hallucinations he normally did in his own room. He was sleeping well tonight.