"Finally!" Marcus yelled which made Kira scream a bit.

"Marcus, what a hell!" She smacked his arm. "What are you doing? You scared me!"

He rolled his eyes and both started to go down the stairs, where Flynn and Lucas were waiting. 

"You took so long to get ready, we're already late."

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about today." Kira shrugged and grabbed her phone to see how much she lost track of time. They were almost 10 minutes late which for guys like Marcus was the worst thing. He was always punctual.

"You guys were cute." 

Marcus replied and when Kira went to answer, they were already by the entrance of the house where indeed Flynn and Lucas were. 

"Let's go guys, we all talk later c'mon." Flynn said and soon everyone got in the car that they rented and went to the restaurant.

They managed to arrive 8 minutes later, since the restaurant was actually pretty close to their air bnb and got inside. The restaurant had already some people inside, it got some soft music playing and it was right beside the beach, which had this huge windows with a beautiful view to it. It also had a bar in the corner, where it had a mini stage with some instruments on it and karaoke stand. 

They soon spotted Drew and his friends in the back of the restaurant chatting with each other and they walked to them. Drew got his back on her so he failed to see Kira approaching him and his friends didn't wan't to warn him, by Kira's commands. Just like that, Kira slowly placed her arms around Drew and went down a bit, so she could look at him from his right. 

"Hey, handsome." She smiled.

Drew, without looking, placed his arms around her arms, which made Madelyn, with a smirk, share a look with Madison. He then looked at his right and a smile broke down his face.

"Hey, you're here!" Drew exclaimed. "I saved you a seat." 

Kira nodded. "Thanks." She sat down beside him and her friends filled the rest of the empty seats. She got between Drew and Marcus, and Flynn and Lucas were right beside them.

"Sorry, we're late." Flynn apologized to the group.

"No, Kira should be the one to apologize." Marcus exclaimed and looked at her. "We were right on time. She was the one who made us late."

Kira placed her hand on chest and fake gasped. "How dare you!" 

"I do." Marcus replied and looked at the group. "You are constantly late to everything."

"And you always constanstly punctual to everything." She crossed her arms.

Marcus rolled his eyes but let it slip a smile. "Do you want me to say the reason you got late?" He challenged. 

Kira, thinking about their conversation about Drew and the day, squinted her eyes to her best friend. This one looked at her the same way and got into a staring contest, something they would do when one of them got challenged by one of them, seeing which one cracked first.

"Not again." Lucas shook his head.

"What is happening right now?" Rudy asked. 

Everyone was looking at Kira and Marcus, who were still looking at each other not breaking apart once. This staring contest was something that started when both friends met when they were young, they were and still are very competitive and till this day they had this thing going on which made their friends getting annoyed.

"This stupid staring contest between them when they feel challenged by one another." Flynn replied. "Hey, you children. Stop embarassing us and let's order. The waitress is here."

Kira and Marcus nodded their heads to each other and shook their hands, indicating that the staring contest was over and nobody won. They looked at everyone like nothing happened and smiled. Drew looking at this smiled too, she was something else. The waitress arrived in that precise moment and started to note everyone's orders and with a very fast look at the menu, Kira ordered some pasta, her favorite food. They also got some drinks and soon after, the waitress left. 

While they were waiting for their food, everyone got engaged in conversation, Kira and her friends asking the cast how it was working as an actor/actress or these ones asking them what everyone did back in San Francisco and between those conversations, Drew rested his arm on Kira's chair back and traced his fingers along her arm. Kira sensing it, got goosebumps all over her, she wouldn't lie and say she didn't felt anything, because she felt at like, 100%. She looked at him and realised that Drew was already looking at her. 

They stared at each other for a bit, forgetting their surroundings a little. Drew couldn't believe that this girl, someone who lives on the other side of the country, crossed paths with him and was now right beside him, surprising him on a random week of work. The universe really worked his ways for him to be with her again and he knew that this was something special, he knew that he needed to seize the moment. He also knew that he didn't want to rush into things, even if his heart said otherwise, he had to just enjoy the moment and see where this lead.

"What are you thinking about?" Kira asked and grabbed a piece of Drew's hair that was falling in front of his face. 

Drew smiled at that. "How lucky I am." 

Kira smiled and blushed a bit, which made Drew laugh a bit at that. She was about to answer when the waitress came back with everyone's orders and between that moment, she shook her head, still smiling and looked ahead at everyone. 

"Shut up and eat your food, Starkey." 

He laughed at that and took his arm off of her chair. 

He was so whipped for her, it wasn't even funny and it scared him, in a good way. 

author's note.         happy new year my loves!
hello, welcome back to new year's and what a great time timing!
first of all, i'm so sorry that i ghosted you all, but as i said, i needed some time off of wattpad and the writing. i wasn't focused and got some writer's block in the meantime, i couldn't write even though i had so many ideas. but i'm still here, still writing it offline.

however, the updates are still gonna be slow but i'm not gonna discontinue this story, i love this too much to end it, i still have many ideas for this.

thank u for the 32k reads, that's insane, i couldn't thank you enough! thank u for still being here, i love u all so so so much! 

kira and drew's story ain't over.