Chapter 20: Memories gone by.

I don't own hetalia.

And BTW it's a flash back chapter... so she's like, s evenxD just thought I'd explain.

_*_*_*_*_*_----_*_*_*_*★★★★★★★★*_*_*_*_----_*_*_*_*_*_

Chapter 20: Memories gone by.

'memories will always come back to haunt you,

no matter how much you convince yourself they don't matter.'

I clutched at my teddy bear, watching the television screen with glee. My favourite, yellow spongy character was dancing across the screen with his pink, starfish friend. I giggled softly at the sight, and snuggle closer to the bear. Burying my face into the stuffy, fluffed up object I sneeze add some of the fur goes up my nose.

I watched it for about 5 minutes longer.

Mommy and daddy, with sissy and big brother, had gone out in the car, going shopping quickly. Though I was only seven, I knew it was for my birthday tomorrow. I may have been going, but I was smarter for my age.

I looked out the rain, seeing the large amounts of water batter against the window pane. It looked so sad outside. The worker shouldn't cry.

" Don't cry, sky ~ You look so pretty when you're blue ~!" I cry happily, smiling. My small palm was laid out across the small portion of window, and I kneeled on the couch putting my forehead against the cool glass. My breath started to stream up the past of the window my face was by, and I laughed happily.

I started to draw in the fogged up area, giggles escaping at the bunny that was being drawn. The phone rang, the sharp shrill breaking me out of my dream land.

Dashing over to it, I answer without hesitation.

" Hello ~ This is the Amore res.. resi.... this is the Amore house ~!" I chirped, struggling with the strange word that the rest of my family used. I heard the familiar chuckle of my big brother, and grinned widely, happy at the fact he was calling.

" Big brother!!" I cried happily into the phone, giggling like a loon. Out of all of my family, I was definitely closest to my big brother.

" Hey Bella ~" He chuckled into the other end, and it only made my noise crinkle in disgust.

"I told you not to call me thaaatt...!"I whined, sticking my tongue out though he couldn't see.

" Who said I'd listen?" He teased. I simply huffed. I knew he was only teasing.

He laughed, and I could hear mommy and daddy laugh too. He had his phone on speaker phone.

" Anyway, Bella-" he stressed the word bella more than necessary, and I made a discontent grunt to which he simply chuckled.

" We're on our way back now, okay...? We'll be home soon don't worry~" I could tell he was grinning on the other end of the line. The happy smile was brought back onto my face.

" Okay ~! But can you get home soon ~? I'm all alone and its scary with the train and thunder..." I whimpered softly into the transmitter as a large streak of lightening lit up the sky, followed shortly by a loud growl.

" We'll be there as quick as possible ~!" He cried happily, and I could hear the engine of the car start on the other side.

" See you soon big brother ~! I love you ~!" I smiled with my call. " You to mommy, daddy! And you sissy!"

" Love you to sweetie~!" I heard my mom call from not too far away from the microphone . I smiled, hearing the others replies.

" Love you too Lil sis...." He said into the mic, before hanging up . I went back to watching something for another half an hour. A marathon was on. I looked at the time realising how long it'd been since they'd called; It only took ten minutes to get home, so what was telling so long?

I shrugged, they were probably taking their time because of the rain, right? I accepted my own answer quietly.

After another half an hour, the spongebob marathon ended. I became fidgety and nervous. Where were they...? They should be here by now, its been an hour...

There was a knock on the door, and I grin, eagerly dashing towards it. This was them!! They're finally home!!

" Big brother!-"

Opening the door excitedly, my energy soon dissipated. There was a task policeman, with golden blonde hair and bright blue crystal eyes. He crouched down so he was below me slightly in eye levels.

" Are you Ilvero Amore...?" He asked, his voice soft on contrast with his brash and strong looks. His eyes soften, and I nod nervously.

"Y-Yes sir...."

His lips became pursed tightly together. I was confused. Why was a policeman here?

" Can we come in... ma'am?" He asked. I nod again. Opening the door a little wider, the overman walked in, and I close the door behind him. I followed him into the lounge, and took a seat on the couch opposite him, and swing my feet casually. He was quiet for some time, but I waited patiently.

"Mr Policeman, my big brother is going to be home soon... he won't be happy if a policeman is here, he'll think I did something bad..!" I looked over at him, my eyes wide and innocent.

"I have some bad news.... ma'am..." He sighed a little. I tilted my head. I don't understand.

" Your family won't be coming home...." he seemed hesitant in speaking, as if choosing his words carefully.

My eyebrows furrowed, and I tried not to shake.

"What do you mean, not coming home...?! They have to come home!" I cried, confused and upset.

He sighed.

" Your family... are dead....."

I froze.

What?!

" They were involved in a crash on the freeway... and... they didn't make it.... I'm sorry... Ilvero?!"

It's my fault... I asked them to hurry and they crashed and now....

The world was going black, and I felt myself fall back

I sat up in bed, a cold sweat covering my body. Starting wide eyed at the air for a moment, I let my face fall in my hands.

The same nightmare...