side story : 2

SIDE STORY: 2

────────
WHEN KONOHA UNCONSCIOUSLY FELL INTO YANAGI'S PLAN (TRAP)
────────

Konoha took a look around Yanagi's apartment's living room. Examine every detail, from the furniture to the dominant color that fills the space. Modern dark color with a heavy emphasis on black, gray, dark brown, dark green, and a touch of white. Classic Yanagi. It was no different from Yanagi's room in Japan or his old apartment in Miyagi.

"Albert-san, why don't you stop being his secretary and P.A.?" Konoha asked, looking across at Albert, who was stirring his tea. "You should be spending time with your family right now. Enjoy your life, your retirement. Don't worry about Naoto."

Albert gave a small smile. "It's not that simple, Konoha-sama," he said as he slowly placed his teacup on the table. "Among the candidates who applied, Naoto-sama didn't find a suitable match."

Konoha raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Besides..." his smile widened slightly, his eyes intently fixed on Konoha. "Naoto-sama already has the ideal candidate. It is just a matter of time. And I will retire when he is ready."

"That's good... right?"

Albert just smiled and didn't say anything. However, those stares and smiles kept bothering him.

Konoha had no idea what had happened. But he had the distinct impression that he had unintentionally walked into a trap.

And that is the story of how Konoha Akinori became the secretary of Yanagi Naoto.

No. He's not a personal assistant. He doesn't want to. Absolutely no no.

────────
HAIKYUU'S 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY
────────

"So, Tetsu, what brought you all the way to America?" Yanagi raised an eyebrow seeing his friend was still lying comfortably on the sofa in his office. It was 3 p.m., and they didn't meet in a cafe or restaurant because Kuroo had unexpectedly walked into his office.

How did he get in without being called by security or reception? He has no idea. But it seemed that Konoha had allowed Kuroo (and maybe he already told the security and his receptionist) and had probably forgotten to tell him.

"You know, it's been― how long? Nine years since we competed, right?" Kuroo inquired, straightening his back and looking Yanagi in the eyes.

"Yes? What about it?"

"Hear me out," Kuroo lowered his body, palms intertwined, arms resting on his thighs. "I intend to organize a very special volleyball match."

"Go on."

"By including volleyball players from our high school friends and the national players," he continued. "I know you can't come, but I need you as the sponsor for that to happen. Don't worry, you're not the only one. There's Kenma, Lev, and a few sponsors. So?"

Yanagi was deafeningly quiet. Kuroo got a little hesitant when dealing with Yanagi, especially in the office and discussing business, a sense of pressure arose. It feels like when he was playing volleyball against him. Nothing has changed. Despite the fact that they have become close friends.

"Oh, Kageyama, Sakusa, and Komori agreed to― " Kuroo added.

"Ok."

"What?" Kuroo gaped. Surprised by the quick answer.