Suspicious Minds II: Elvis Presley

Request: Kennedy!reader x Elvis type thing where reader doesn't wanna be in the political spotlight like their parents so they run away to Hollywood and become a dancer under a fake name and they end up dancing for Elvis' comeback show and they're there when it's announced that their dad (Bobby Kennedy) has been assassinated

Elvis had been sitting there for god knows how long looking at the file wondering why you had lied to him instead of telling him the truth. He was angry but most of all he was upset because he had fallen for you and now he didn't know what to do. He sighed as looked over at the colonel who was saying it was show time, he would deal with this later.

You knew that something was up when you smiled at Elvis and he didn't return it like he usually did. You tried to go on about your day, but you felt something was wrong as you got changed and went back to your room, hoping you would be able to talk to him soon.

You were walking tv when a knock came to the door making you confused as your friend said she was spending the night with her boyfriend. You stood up and hesitantly opened the door and saw Elvis standing there not looking happy with a folder in his hand.

"We need to talk." He said handing you the folder and walking into your apartment leaving you confused as you closed the door.

"What is this?" You asked him even though you had a feeling you knew it was.

"The truth that you've been apparently keeping from me!" He said making you flinch at his tone.

"Elvis it's not what you think.." You started to say. 

"Then what is it? Why have you been lying to me?" He asked you as the tears slide down your face. 

"Because I saw what the spotlight did to my family, I watched how one by one it destroyed them and I didn't want no part in that, so when I turned 18 I ran away here to Hollywood and became a dancer under a fake name so I wouldn't have to be a part of that. Everything I told you was true I just kept the name a secret. I never meant to hurt anyone." You said quietly.

"Were you ever gonna tell me the truth?" He asked you. 

"Eventually I was. I just wanted to have a semi-normal life without the spotlight, without all the drama that surrounds my family." You said still trying to figure out if he hated you or not. 

"Do you hate me?" You asked him after a few minutes. 

"No I don't but I am upset that you felt like you had to lie to me even after we started dating, I just wish you had told me instead of letting me find out from the colonel." He said as realization hit you. 

"What did you want me to say? Hey, by the way, my name isn't actually such but in fact, I'm a Kennedy on the run for the last 10 years? I felt guilty about it after the second time we hung out that I almost stopped talking to you, you just don't get it." You said tiredly.

"Something would've been better than me finding out like this because now I feel like this whole thing was an act to get me involved in your family's political affairs." He said. 

"I would never do that, especially after watching firsthand how it destroyed my family! I can't believe you would think I'm capable of doing something like that. I loved you and just wanted a normal life which I won't apologize for." You said watching as he stood up. 

"It would be better for me if you didn't show up tomorrow, I won't be able to focus with you there and I'm sure the Colonel will expose on set if you show up." Elvis said quietly as the tears started pouring down your face because you did love dancing.

You watched as he walked out of the door and breaking your heart in the process because you really did love him even if you were lying to him about who you really were. The next few days like he asked you pulled out of the show saying you were sick and just stayed home crying wishing that you had been honest with him because maybe you still be here. Your friend who knew the truth about you this whole time was worried about you, while she didn't know who had been seeing, she knew that you were in love with him and it hurt her to see you like this. 

"Hey girl, how are you feeling?" Your friend asked you. 

"Like I'm the most terrible person on the planet, I really did like I just wanted to...." You started to say as she wrapped her arms around you.

"Trust me, you aren't. You did what needed to survive and stay away from that toxic family of yours and if he whoever he is can't understand that then he doesn't deserve you." She said as you nodded your head. 

Elvis, on the other hand, was a bit disappointed when you stopped showing up to work as he asked you to do, but still, he hoped that you would still show up and when he asked your choreographer she said that you had simply told her that you were sick. A few days after talking to you, he realized how harsh he had been towards you and wanted to make things right with you. 

Right now they were setting up for him to perform his next song for the special when one of the assistants came running in with a wide-eyed look on his face alerting everyone. 

"Bobby Kennedy has been shot." He said as Elvis felt his heart break as he thought about you.