𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

Začít od začátku

Walking out, Nandini met with one of the maid's. "Nandini di, someone is here to meet you." Nandini furrowed her eyebrows, unknown to anyone who was supposed to come meet her today. "Who?" "I don't know. I haven't seen him before. But he said you know him. He's waiting in the guest area." the maid shrugged her shoulders. He? Who could it be?

There was only one way to find out. She had to see herself. "Okay, thanks for letting me know." The maid nodded, lightly smiling at Nandini. "And, everyone has left already. Would you like me to stay-" "No, it's fine. There is nothing to do. You should also leave before the weather worsens." The maid nodded, appreciative. Nandini had allowed all the workers to leave early as there was nothing to do and she was the only one home.

The maid headed out as Nandini made her way towards the guest area. Walking in, Nandini saw the back of the man since he was facing the opposite direction, looking around the room. On upon hearing the entrance of someone, the man turned around, a tiny smile playing on his lips noticing Nandini.

"Varun bhai?" Nandini was shocked seeing Varun standing in her home. She would've never guessed it was him who wanted to meet with her. "You seem shocked, which I understand." Varun chuckled, his eyes roaming around the beautiful women standing in front of him. "It's just that I didn't expect you to be here. How did you get the address?" Nandini asked, immediately realizing it was a stupid question.

"I asked Jai." Obviously. 'Where else?' her subconscious sarcastically remarked at her. "Oh. Was there anything important you wanted to talk about?" Nandini asked. "Oh god. I'm so sorry, I forgot my manners. Please come, we can sit in the living room." Varun nodded, smiling as he followed Nandini towards the living room, inwardly smirking.

They both settled down on the sofa, Nandini sitting a feet or two away. Varun looked around, unable to believe Nandini lived here. He knew her in-laws were loaded. "Is anyone home? Your husband?" Varun asked, intertwining his hands together. "Nope. Maa and papa have gone to a wedding and won't be returning for another day. And Armaan, he's at work. He usually comes at midnight but today he'll be home by eight. So I'm alone until then." Nandini simply answered, unknown to what this answer would lead her to.

Varun mentally smirked, thinking about her words. "Wow. Your alone in such big of a house. Must say, your in-laws seem rich." Nandini lightly smiled, unknown what to say to that. "Anyways, before I forget what I came here for. Let me just tell you." Nandini moved to the side, facing Varun even more.

Varun's eyes landed on Nandini's chest, gulping back. Varun quickly looked up before he would get caught. "You know the friend I was talking about who is also an artist?" Nandini slowly nodded, remembering talking about that. "Well, he is coming to town after months tomorrow and I had called him to ask if he could help you. He told me he isn't here for long so he wanted me to bring the drawings and paintings to him. Which is why I am here."

Nandini's lips formed into an 'o'. Nandini couldn't help but think how sweet Varun was. "You didn't have to do that bhai." Varun shook his head, placing his hand on Nandini's and squeezing it. "I have no other person to think about. And as your brother, this is the least I could do." Varun used the brother card. As much he hated being called bhai by Nandini, this was the only way he could have Nandini trust him.

Varun's hand lingered there for a while but Nandini took it back, pushing a hair strand behind her ear. Varun realized what he was doing and felt stupid for almost getting caught. "So, where are these pieces of yours?" Varun said, hoping Nandini didn't notice. "I don't have many here. Bhai has kept my other ones. But I have quite a few drawings here and also a couple of paintings. So you can take these and ask bhai for the rest." Varun nodded.