Chapter 4

Percy let Tyson steer the boat, Josephine noticed the sky get darker. She looked to Percy and AnnaBeth.

"What's going on?" Josephine questioned.

"It's the Sea Of Monsters." AnnaBeth replied.

Suddenly, the boat stopped. The teens turned their attention to Tyson who was only holding the cap of the can.

"Why are we stopping?" AnnaBeth asked.

"Maybe I should've used two hands." Tyson said, upset.

"You think?!" AnnaBeth yelled.

"AnnaBeth." Josephine said sternly.

"Are you mad at me?" Tyson asked AnnaBeth. Josephine rubbed his back.

"No, not at you." AnnaBeth replied and looked at Percy.

Josephine looked out at the water, it looked like there were sharks swimming past them. "Uh, guys. What's that?" She questioned.

"Tell me those aren't sharks." AnnaBeth said and leaned over the boat slightly.

"Those aren't sharks." Percy stated. "Paddle! Paddle!"

Josephine quickly grabbed a paddle and shoved it in the water. It didn't work though, the boat just kept going in a giant circle. A big hole in the ocean opened up and several teeth were at the center of the circle. Josephine stared in horror.

"It's Charybdis!" Percy confirmed.

"Chary-what?!" Tyson asked.

"She guards the Sea Of Monsters!" AnnaBeth answered.

"Percy!"

Percy tried to control the water but it didn't work.

"I don't think the Sea of Monsters is in Poseidon's domain, Percy!" Josephine said.

The boat started going towards the mouth. "Everybody hang on tight!" Percy said.

They all screamed and were swallowed by Charybdis.

-

The boat bounced and slid across the water and came to a sudden stop when it hit 'land'.

Everyone climbed out, Tyson helped Josephine.

"Where are we?" AnnaBeth asked.

"It smells like the stomach." Percy replied.

Josephine gagged when Tyson crouched down and picked up some gooey substance and toyed with it. "What is this stuff?" He questioned, the slim was all over his fingers.

"You don't want to know." AnnaBeth replied. "This has to be the worst way to die, ever." AnnaBeth said.

Josephine nodded, "I second that, it's disgusting down here."

"Everything that disappears in the Bermuda Triangle ends up here." Percy said.

There were ships and other things down there all swallowed by Charybdis.

Suddenly, a female voice rang out. It sounded a lot like clarisse.

"That sounded like Clarisse." AnnaBeth mentioned.

"No, no. It couldn't be her." Percy replied.

"You ridiculously stupid morons!"

"Yep, that's her." Percy confirmed. They ran to a big fishing boat.

"Clairsse!" Hey!" Percy yelled getting Clarisse's attention.

"Jackson?!" What are you doing here?!" She asked in disbelief.