Chapter 2

Later that night, everyone was in the obstacle arena. Mr. D was explaining to the campers what the Golden Fleece was and how it could help Thalia's tree. Which, was actually AnnaBeth's idea.

"A quest. A mission of mercy, if you will. Into uncharted and deadly waters with nothing less at stake that our own survival. Clarisse! This quest will be yours." Mr. D announced eliciting a cheer from the girl.

"Seriously? Her?" Josephine whispered to Tyson who sat next to her holding her hand.

-

The next morning Josephine had just finished getting dressed when someone knocked on her cabin door. She briskly walked over to it and opened it revealing her friends.

"What's up?" She asked leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"We're going after the Golden Fleece and you're coming with us." AnnaBeth announced getting a nod from Josephine. "Ok." She said and walked back in to grab her bag.

Grover looked at his friends in disbelief. "Really? Just like that? You're not even going to ask about the dangers of this quest?"

Josephine laughed and followed her friends. "What? It's not like we didn't almost get turned to stone by Medusa last year or anything."

"She's got a point." Percy pointed out with a smirk.

"What ever." Grover grumbled.

-
The following night; Josephine, AnnaBeth, Percy, and Grover hid behind a log so the campers standing guard wouldn't see them.

"How do we get past them?" AnnaBeth questioned peering over the log just a bit.

"I think they're looking for threats trying to come in not people trying to get out. I think we'll be ok if we stay quiet." Percy replied.

"Hey, why isn't Tyson with us?" Josephine asked. Her question went unanswered as the silence was interrupted by loud clanging noises and someone tripping. The group whipped around to see Tyson.

"Shh!" AnnaBeth shushed him.

"You left without me." Tyson said as he crouched down next to Josephine.

"I'm sorry, Tyson. I didn't know they didn't tell you anything." She apologized before looking at her friends. "Some friends and brother you guys are."

"Look, Tyson. Where we're going it's dangerous." Percy mentioned trying to get Tyson to change his mind about coming with them.

"I know, I'm not stupid." Tyson replied.

"No, just dumb." AnnaBeth rolled her eyes.

Josephine glared, "AnnaBeth!"

"What? It's true!" AnnaBeth replied.

Tyson ignored AnnaBeth's insult and looked between Percy and Josephine. "I want to help."

"He's coming with us, I'm not going without him." Josephine declared.

-

Josephine and Tyson walked hand in hand behind everyone else, they all stopped suddenly when AnnaBeth reached into her bag and pulled out a thing of sprayable mist.

"It makes the mystical look normal." She noted before spraying the mist into Tyson's eyes.

Josephine choked on her spit and coughed violently after she saw Tyson with two eyes. It's not that he was ugly or anything, It just surprised her. He looked completely different, it was a good different though.

"Oh my gods, what's up with you?" AnnaBeth asked Josephine after her coughing fit.

"Choked on my spit." Josephine replied in a strained voice from coughing.