Chapter 1: Unexpected visitor

I've recently started watching Ninjago, because of childhood nostalgia and all that. Seriously, it was one of my favorite shows when I was little. So guess my surprise when I realize that the show is still going! Frickin fifteen seasons, are you serious?! Well, long story short, I wanted to get a sneak peek at what they were doing with the later seasons, and inevitably stumbled upon the latest season, Crystallized, on the internet. From there, I discovered that people were talking about Pythor coming back, and I remembered liking him as a villain when I was younger, so I was stoked. Then I saw that people were pairing him up with Skales, I thought that was interesting, checked it out, one thing led to another, and here I am. Apparently, I have no self-control. Like, at all. Still, it's gonna be fun writing a story about something from my childhood, instead of me randomly discovering a show and becoming fixated on it for no other reason than I think a ship is cute.

Now that the explanation is out of the way, time for some useful info: I'll be following the story of the show in linear order, and I'm going to be jumping forward a few times. I hope it's not gonna be to confusing. Besides that, I will try to be as faithful to the characters as possible, but as always when it comes to stories such as these, it's best not to think about it too much. And I don't own anything. All right, that should be everything. Time for the actual story!

"Silence everyone! The General is about to speak!"

The announcement was followed by abrupt silence, as Skales slithered his way up to the icy pedestal, overlooking a big crowd of Hypnobrai. Once he reached the top, he took a moment to look over the crowd, who were eagerly waiting to hear him speak. It had been some time since the tribe had been gathered, with the last time being with the surprising, but fortunate visit of the Fangpyres. Thanks to his past friendship with their General, he had negotiated an alliance, and all there was left to do now was to proclaim their next course of action.

"Ssso...now that we are free from the meddling of the human boy, and with the sssupport of the Fangpyres, and their new vehiclesss, the Serpentine are stronger than ever!" Skales victoriously exclaimed, raising his staff high in the air, so all the other snakes could see it.

The crowd of Hypnobrai in front of him erupted into joyful cheer. While most had been hesitant about the new alliance with the Fangpyres, it seemed that a nice speech was all that they needed to quell their uncertainty. Once the cheering started dying down, Skales took the chance to continue his speech, satisfied with the reaction he had managed to gain.

"Together, we can finally start taking revenge on the surface dwellers, for banishing us below ground, and trapping us in these tombs!"

The cheering returned, though the mentioning of revenge and surface dwellers together, made them practically roar in excitement. Skales could tell that the failed leadership of the Garmadon boy had left a bad taste in his fellow Hypnobrais' mouth and that they were waiting to finally do something more than childish activities. And Skales was more than happy to give it to them. Still...he was somewhat at a loss at what to do next. With the help of the Fangpyres, there was no limit to where they could go. But that just left him with too many choices. Not to speak of the troublesome ninja that had been hounding them ever since they escaped their imprisonment. He had considered it for a bit and concluded that perhaps it was best to leave the decision of what their first target should be, up to the tribe.

He waited once again for the cheering to die down, before continuing.

"Now, there is only one thing left to do, my fellow Hypnobrai: To discusss our first target! I'm willing to take sssuggestions." He explained, before holding out a hand invitingly, waiting for the others to come up with ideas.

The crowd at first reacted with confusion, before whispering between each other, trying to find the best idea. It took a bit of time before anyone spoke up, and to Skales' disappointment, the suggestion was less than idyllic.