a hard days night 1

Madison Grey was currently in her kitchen cooking breakfast for her and her big sister Meredith

"You make me feeeeeel, so shiny and neeeew, like a virgin-" Maddie sang before she was interrupted.

"Hey."

"Son of a bitch!" She jumped, screaming as she burnt herself on the stove where she was making pancakes.

"Dude don't do that!" She scolded, turning around to greet the stranger in her kitchen, while cradling her burnt wrist.

"I'm so sorry... let me see." He approached Maddie, hiding a smile, gently grabbing her arm before leading her to the sink. "You need to run it under cold water for 20 minutes, it should be okay... you have a lovely voice."

"I don't have 20 minutes Doc... thanks though." She smiled causing the man to chuckle at the girl who didn't know he really was a doctor.

"Well I suggest you make 20 minutes before it gets any worse, I should go, your sister kicked me out, I'm Derek by the way."

"Madison. I'm the nice sister. You should uh... have some breakfast at least." She smiled at him, he thanked her as he shoved some pancakes in his mouth before waving goodbye and leaving.

"MEREDITH YOUR ONE NIGHT STAND HAS GONE NOW HURRY THE FUCK UP, I MADE BREAKFAST!" She yelled to her sister.

"I'm comin- what happened?" Meredith quickly approached her sister seeing her red wrist under the water.

"I burnt it, your dude gave me a scare, eat those pancakes now! Can't be late for our first dayyyy!" Maddie sang with an excited grin on her face.

♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡

The sisters were late.

They managed to easily slip into the group of surgical interns though, acting as if they'd been there the whole time.

"Each of you comes here today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in Med school, being taught by Doctors. Today, you are the Doctors."

Maddie's face lit up as she looked around the operating room where The Chief of Surgery was giving a speech. She couldn't believe she'd finally made it, she was going to get to help people, change lives, make a difference.

Most people thought Maddie wanted to be a surgeon to follow in her Mother's footsteps. Maddie would say that was true, just to prevent an awkward conversation.

But truthfully Madison Grey just wanted to help people.

And hoped to be nothing like her Mother, personality wise anyway, she knew her Mother was a gifted surgeon.

"The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to breaking point. Look around you."

All of the interns looked around, eyeing each other up.