Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

Settling down I took my pen in my hand, opened my diary and started making notes about the wedding.... Stuff like what Judith had spoken about in her office and questions to evaluate the Bride and Groom's Choice of things for their wedding.

For the rest of the day I was left to be by myself and was thankful for my space till it was time to go home and Adam propped himself in front me, with all his things in his hands and followed me in his car to my apartment.

I showed him the guest room and hoped he'd occupy himself in there and leave me alone for the rest of the evening.

I changed my clothes in something decent and more comfortable and sat over my bed relaxing and looking around the room.

Adam's file had been placed over my bed because of which I got tempted to know what was so great about him that he was assigned such a major project so quickly with me which took me 2 years to achieve.

I opened his file and took a hard and long look at his profile picture put up on the right hand side. His eyes seemed friendly at the same time they looked like they were owned by a hot sexy lover...

His lips were a little parted while he smiled and his pearly teeth peeped out from the space left by his lips in between.

Tearing my eyes away from his good looks I went on to the languages learnt by him.

The list seemed pretty big..

English, French, Italian, Romanian, Egyptian, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Hindi..... Wow, was he like a language translating library section?

"Emma?" I heard his voice interrupt me as my head spun around with all his qualifications. I felt like I didn't have enough impressive things on my resume if anyone ever had a look at it but it didn't matter now...

"Yes?" I looked at him casually till I actually saw what he was wearing and my cheeks turned red.

"What are we eating tonight?" He asked suddenly very casually coming into full sight.

He may have looked sleeky and thin with his black suit on but naked he looked much hotter. His bare chest immediately grabbed my attention as it was well built and strong looking. Luckily to save me from almost dropping his files from my hands, he wore tight sexy light blue jeans that hung so well from his low waist, sliding all the way sexily till his lower ankles that hid the important stuff of a man well.

"Um.. Whatever you find in the house is edible" I forced an I'mnotstaringatyourabs smile.

"Oh in that case I'm taking you out for dinner" he winked and exited my room.

"What?" I shouted out. Getting off my bed and running out of my room.

"Oh didn't you hear me? I'm --

"I heard you perfectly fine. I'm wondering why you want to take me out for dinner." I asked... Hoping this wouldn't get awkward soon.

"Well, boss" I already hated that word, "You took me in your house so gracefully that I want to show you my gratitude by taking you out for dinner" he looked at me confused.. Wondering why was I probably freaking out?

"Oh... And nothing else?" I asked feeling embarrassed for assuming he liked me.

"Um no, except that I find you really hot" he said it so smoothly as if a normal compliment a best friend would tell you and walked into his room and banged it shut.

I stood there, my mouth dropped wide open and stared at the shut door taking back my words I had said about him and decided to go with the entire; YES HE HAS EGO, part...

Chris's P.O.V

"Hey man thanks for the basketball tickets last night, it really cheered up my mood!" I looked at Ken and shook his hand in appreciation.

"That's okay, anything to get that girl off your mind Chrissy" he grinned.

Ken and I had grown pretty close over the two years of us working together, as he along with me, worked very hard at getting me that promotion I had been waiting for since a long time.

Finally I would be reaching that position I had been dreaming off at the new year’s party that was just a few days away and I'd be on cloud 9 rocking and rolling with my new car and that raise in my salary that I needed.

Whores of all kind, eluded me with hot sex and make out sessions that living the life my dad paid for was getting hard to keep up with. I hadn't spoken to my sister for 2 years and I often went on fishing trips with my dad at our lake house.

Things were going pretty smooth and the most proud moment of my life was when I was given the news of doing an amazing project that was going to take place in Rome pretty soon! I couldn't wait to just get out of here!

"So who you bringing on the 31st, huh" Ken slapped my back and continued playing around.

"Britney from HR. I slept with her, she was pretty good in bed so I guess I want some more of that naughty officey bitchy feeling in my sex life." I grinned, swinging around in my chair and playing around with Ken, throwing wasted paper balls in the dustbin basket.

"Cool cool, that's great Chris" Ken slumped down in his chair and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him turning to look at him all serious and put my paper ball down.

"It's nothing. It's just I think you should stop going around on the 'slut butt' spree's and get serious. I mean after that girl you really liked you seemed to have serious denial issues with woman... Going on sleeping with people you barely know and stuff. I mean don't you think you should settle down or get serious with someone else?" Ken asked looking really tired and concerned.

"Okay let me tell you something or maybe promise you.

I'll stop all this on one condition and I swear if that doesn't take place then you aren't ever gonna tell me anything about slut butts again okay? You get it?" I looked at Ken raising an eyebrow.

"Alright I promise" he raised his hands like an officer was going to arrest him and listened carefully.

"If, by the end of New Year’s party... I do a signal from the universe that I should stop being a play boy and turn serious then I will. Only if the universe gives me a sign which I doubt it will but still, if it does, I'll become a good guy and give a girl a fair chance to know who I am and let her in my heart..." I smiled at Ken making the deal.

"Are you serious?" He looked shocked and doubtful at me.

"Ya, I'm serious! If I get that sign Ken, I'll stop, I promise" I winked at him knowing I wouldn't be getting any sign but I had to give this promise to him just to shut him up.

"Fine. A deals a deal then, you better not break it Chris" he warned me and I nodded, smiling in agreement and a salute to seal the pact.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next chp hopefully soon!