𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦... 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵𝘆

Start from the beginning

"then, i'll happily stick to calling you, new guy. until, at least, i can think of a better nickname for you." alexa told niall as she continued painting on the canvas, "is there any particular reason to why you're here bothering me?"

"well i was happily taking a stroll around the gold coast on this beautiful day when i noticed a flyer that instantly caught my eye." niall knelt down onto the sand and held a flyer which was advertising girls to enter the 'miss sea queen' pageant, "and it was such a coincidence that i happened to see you here and i just thought i'd grace you with my amazing presence. any chance you're entering the pageant?"

alexa thought back to her time at her kingdom. there were pageants and sometimes, she would have to be a judge. she found it pathetic how girls should dress up to impress people when really, girls should dress for themselves. she answered, "well you thought wrong if you'd think you'd be gracing my presence. as you can see, i'm busy painting. as for the 'miss sea queen pageant', there's no way i'm entering that. in my eyes, its just a way for girls to show off whatever they wear. girls should only dress for themselves, not to impress the people around them."

alexa's words rendered niall speechless. he isn't sure what caught his attention. whether it was alexa's talent for painting or her chestnut brown eyes which niall could easily get lost in or her powerful words that could easily strike a cord within him. he cleared his throat, "wow, speedy. looks like there's more to you than what meets the eye."

"well, we don't know each other that well, new guy. we're like passing trains just seeing each other on regular occasions." alexa pointed out.

niall hummed in agreement, "you've got a point, speedy. maybe you can teach me to paint, someday?"

alexa sent niall a fake smile, "we'll see, new guy."

before niall could say anything to alexa, his phone vibrated in his pocket. he stood up from his position and read his message before he tucked his phone back in his pocket, "that was my aunt. she needs me. don't miss me too much, speedy." he sent her a cheeky grin before he walked off.

alexa muttered to herself, "he's so full of himself."

👑

THE NEXT DAY, ALEXA AND LEWIS WERE AT THE CAFE AS THEY DECIDED ON DOING SOME RESEARCH REGARDING MAKO ISLAND. when alexa went to visit her family, she took a mermaid history book from the royal library so she could read it in case mako island or the moon pool was mentioned at any point in the book which could be useful for the group. whilst alexa did that, lewis was sat at a computer provided by the cafe as he researched mermaid legends.

emma called, "lewis! lex!" 

at the mention of her name being called, alexa looked up from the book she was reading and noticed emma, cleo and rikki sat at a table. emma patted the empty space next to her gesturing the two to sit with the girls. alexa and lewis shared a look before they got off their seats and made their way to the girls. alexa made sure to take the mermaid history book with her as she sat beside emma whilst lewis pulled up a chair for himself so he could sit with the girls.

"emma told me what happened, have either of them tried to get you girls wet?" alexa whispered urgently to the group as she hugged the mermaid history book to her chest.