Special Part 5

Flashback

"You know what I'm going to do when I grow up?" Daura growled at him from the ground (he couldn't get up because Lakshman had kicked his butt a few times).

"As long as it's not demeaning Ram bhaiyya, I don't care." Lakshman muttered, wiping his hands. "You know, I really don't understand why you say things like that. To me, I get. I've hit you more times than I can count on both hands. But to Ram bhaiyya? What's he done to you? To anyone? Saying stuff like that to him is just wrong. You should know better."

"You're stupid," replied the ever articulate vocabulary extraordinaire Daura.

Lakshman stared at him. "I give you a poignant, thoughtful speech about how I would appreciate you not insulting my family and you give me a lame insult like 'you're stupid'? I deserve something a little more thoughtful, I think. But then, of course, your mind wouldn't be able to come up with-"

"I'm going to start a demon camp in a cave where all the demons will be disguised as men and we'll call ourselves rebels, and of course, I'd be the leader, and I'd have a throne high above everybody else and when I say anything they'll immediately bow to me and do my favourite dancey dance and nobody will know my actual name, instead they'll call me Mogambo!"

"Yeah, good luck with that." Lakshman replied.

Present

Lakshman cracked his knuckles, before exhaling. CONTROLLLL. Daura hadn't recognized him yet. "May I have the key for the new arrivals?" he asked. "The royal family of Kosala, I need the key for their cell."

"And why do you need the key to their cell?" Daura asked, leaning in, trying to appear as terrifying as remotely possible, which was impossible, because he was trying to scare Lakshman, who wasn't scared when death literally looked him in the eye. He leaned back, frowning. "I've seen you somewhere before."

"There has been a transport order." Lakshman replied, trying to be calm as he began mapping out the room in his peripheral vision. There was the exit. "They're very dangerous captives. One of them knows wrestling, another has concealed weapons. We don't know what threats the Sita bh-the Yuvrani, and youngest Rajkumari pose to you. We need to take them to a more secure cell."

"Of course, of course." Daura said, reaching for his right pocket, before his hand flew back and he frowned. "But who gave this order? I rule this place, and I didn't give this order?" If Lakshman hadn't been so tense, he would have felt amazed at the brain capacity of Daura and the evolution of the camp bully and he may or may not have asked Bharat to conduct a study, but he was tense.

"Alright, enough of this reasoning," Lakshman muttered. "Let me do what Shatrughan would do." He cleared his throat. "It's a secret." he said, voice becoming gruff. "You wouldn't have me speaking the secrets of the kingdom to the entire court! If you did, then that would make you, by all means, an incompetent ruler!"

Duara opened his mouth to say something stupid (based on the statistics from the study conducted by Bharat), but loud shouts from the rakshasas made him stop. "Yeah!" "What if there was a spy here?" "You're endangering our lives!" "What if somebody from Kosala snuck in?"

Lakshman swallowed, silencing them with a glare before turning towards Daura. "Oh great ruler of the Dampy Caves," he started, trying not to cringe. "You need to come closer." Upon agreeing shouts from the rest of the rakshasas, Daura swallowed before standing up, stepping off the platform from his throne before approaching Lakshman. 

"Closer!" Lakshman cried. Daura moved forward exactly one centimetre. "Do you want every honest, adharma following rakshas in this room to die?" Lakshman accused, trying to make his voice sound like he didn't want exactly that to happen.