Within seconds everyone who knew I was pregnant was by my side asking if I was okay and meredith taking zola away from me for a second.

"I'm fine don't worry." I sigh out before letting callie help me up.

I grab zola and set her on my hip before sitting down.

"You okay zozo? You must of got a fright!" I say kissing her head when I noticed her looking at everyone to see if she was in trouble. " you're not in trouble baby, it was an accident and I'm fine."

After they were sure I was okay, everyone went back to their own thing and meredith stole zola off of me to get her some food.

I turn back to callie and Sofia, smirking before stealing a bite of Sofia's cake.

"Paypay! You dont share my food, you share with mommy member. You always share food." She whined out, making me blush I didn't realise we shared food that much that its caused Sofia to think we always share food.

"Sorry sof." I say before going back to sitting in callie's lap and stealing her pasta every other bite again.

"Now what were you saying before hurricane zola came?" I ask before allowing her to shove her pasta into my mouth.

"I have to get Sofia back to day care because my surgery starts in 20 minutes. So we can talk about it at dinner tomorrow." She sighs pulling Sofia's cake away and telling her to get ready to go.

"No, let her finish. I'll take her up when she's done, you go get to saving someones life and I'll see you tomorrow." I say, standing up to allow her to leave before picking Sofia up and slipping into her chair and place her in my lap.

She happily carries on eating her cake.

"That would be great! Can you remind them that she wakes up at midnight and they just need to bounce her gently back to sleep." She says saying goodbye to her daughter.

"Shes staying all night how long is your surgery?" I ask confused, it's only 12:30 and she's talking about a time that's 11hours and a half away.

"15 hours without complications." She sighs out, pushing the last little bit of her pasta towards me.

"How bout she comes and stays with me! I could do with some Sofia time!" I suggest knowing callie hates leaving her daughter with people that have more than 10 kids to look after for a long period of time.

"Would you? I could give you my keys and you could stay at mine. Have some peace and quiet once shes asleep."

"Are you sure?" I asked as I smiled at how sweet she was being.

"Yeah! Here, the spare bedroom isnt set up so you can just stay in my room. Just head straight there and borrow some of my baggy shirts." She says handing me the keys then leaving.

Within minutes meredith and Christina sit at the table, zola sitting on yang's lap.

"You look like a happy little family."meredith says taking the pasta.

"Hey, that's mine." I say pouting but she just sticks her tongue out at me.

"You aren't meant to steal food from pregnant women, especially when she's carrying your twin brides or nephews."

"Zozo! Guess what I get to have a sleepover with paypay while mommy is in surgery!" Sofia says happily as she leans back into me.

"Oh are you coming over for the night sof?" Mer asks gently as she eats the last of the pasta while I glare at her.

"No, I'm gonna stay at callie's for the night so Sofia is in her own bed to keep the schedule for her. I'm going to bring her to daycare tomorrow so do you think you could bring me new scrubs and clothes?"

"Sure, I'll drop them off at daycare with the kids because I start at 5am and Derek is going to DC to look at stupid land for a new stupid dream house." Mer sighs.

I giggle before saying goodbye to take Sofia up to daycare and to tell them that I'm the one taking her home but to my surprise apparently my names all ready in the list of people allowed to take her out.

That surprised me because I've only picked her up once and that was when callie was running late for our weekly dinner.

____________

Callie's POV-

I am packing up to head home, when we opened up the patient I realised that the problem had started to sort itself and it only took 7 hours to sort.

So here I am heading home at 8pm instead of 4 am.

As I pulled up to my house I saw the living room light on, so I know for sure that Payton is awake.

I unlock the door and head towards the living room to see Payton fast asleep cuddling with Sofia on her chest.

"Princess. Shhhh..." I whisper as I picked sofia up and took her to her room. Kissing her goodnight before heading back downstairs to the sleeping beauty on my bed.

"Callie?" She mumbles when I lift her up bridal style.

"Shh Payton go back to sleep, I'm just taking you up to bed."

She leans her head into me, her breathing settling again telling me she was asleep again.

I got her upstairs and into my bed, I tucked her in and went to my closet.

I couldn't find my favourite t-shirt to sleep in, the one that I've slept in almost every night since university.

I looked over to the sleeping women, only to realise she's wearing it.

The top, my favorite top.

The sight makes my heart jump, I turned back around and chose to settle on my baggy black top that I brought a couple weeks ago.

I pull on some clean underwear, hoping she won't find it weird but this is how I always sleep.

I do my night routine before climbing into bed beside her.

"Callie? Why are you back so early?" She asks, moving closer to me until shes flat against me. Her head resting just above my boobs.

"I'll tell you in the morning, now let's get some sleep." I chuckle, playing with the ends of her hair and she falls asleep again.

"Night babies." I whisper as my free hand quickly rubs her bump. "Night Payton."

With that I allow my self to fall asleep next to the woman I like, even if she doesn't know.

______________
Edited on 04/02/2024
1714 words