017-back to normal

Beginne am Anfang

The Byers boy lets out a dry chuckle as he finishes down the steps, "Jeez, what's that smell? Have you guys been playing games all day, or just farting?"

Each Party member lets out a laugh at his comment, Lucas stating, "Oh, that's just Dustin. He farted."

His comment causes Dustin's face to fall, and the Sinclair proceeds to start singing a song with the lyrics 'Dustin farted', sound effects after every line. The Henderson seems rather unimpressed as he scoffs, "Okay. Very mature, Lucas."

Underneath all the ruckus that was no occurring—Dustin and Lucas were talking over one another, standing up to start play fighting—Jonathan makes eye contact with his little brother, "Will. Come on."

Will stands up and grabs his coat, "Bye, guys."

The boys all chorus in a goodbye, continuing to giggle and fight as the two Byers' walked up the stairs.

Carla doesn't follow. "Wait for me upstairs, Jonathan." The boys send her a look, and she continues with a light smile, "I just wanted to say a Merry Christmas to my favorite boys."

"Speaking of Christmas....." Mike trails off, a smirk working its way upon his youthful features, "We have a present for you." He hands over a small box wrapped sloppily in holiday wrapping, clearly done by one of the boys.

Carla slightly frowns, "Boys, you didn't have—"

"Just do it!"

Carla does as instructed, and unwraps the small box. Inside is a bracelet, clearly hand made rather than bought. It's a mix of dark and light blues, and by the looks on Dustin, Lucas and Mike's faces, it had been a bitch to make.

Mike explains as his sister examines the item happily, "It's a friendship bracelet."

"Every Party member gets one." Lucas adds.

"Aw, boys.....I love it." the Wheeler girl exclaims with pure joy. The gift might not have been what she asked for, let alone nicely wrapped or anything expensive, but it was perfect. It came from the heart, and to Carla, that's all that mattered. "Come here you guys."

The four share a hug.

They stay together for a few moments, before Carla pulls away and smiles down at the three, "I have to get going, but thank you, really."

"Bye, Carla!"

"See you later!"

"Merry Christmas!"

The girl rushes up the stairs to see Jonathan and Will by the front door. In front of the elder boy is Nancy, a wrapped box in her hands. 

Not wanting to ruin the small moment, Carla instead trails off to the living room, where Steve Harrington sits on the couch, watching television beside the lit up Christmas tree. His face is slightly illuminated by the lights upon the tree, and his hair is neatly put together. He has no more wounds blemishing his face, and his nose has healed—it's still straight, but if you look hard enough, you can tell it's not as perfect as it used to be. On his figure is a tacky Christmas sweater, (Carla's doing) and a pair of Khaki pants.

"Has she given it to him yet?" Steve asks, noticing the Wheeler entering the room. She looks back to see that her twin sister now has her hand outstretched towards Jonathan, who looks confused. 

"I think she's handing it over now." Carla replies, slightly smiling. Rocking on her heels, the girl adds, "Thanks for the Walkman, again. I appreciate it."

"Of course. Thanks for the sweater—" Steve gestures towards his outfit as he speaks, "—and....the Farrah Fawcett spray." He pauses for a moment, giving a more stern look to his ex, "But if you say a word about the hairspray to anyone else—"