+ 11

"Gon head and choke me with ya thighs shawty."

Ass in the air, I ate it from the back, gripping on her soft cheeks. Panties off, her dress pulled up, I was enjoying every little bit of Nicki in somebody's bed. All it took was getting the lock to give, and I was in.

"Your friend's probably looking for you," Nicki gasped, arching her back for me.

"Don't worry bout that, I'll text her," I moved away from her, getting my phone out quickly.

Me: w/ Nicki 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽🍑

Ladie: I've been looking for you! 😐

Me: wtw?

Ladie: Your surprise...couldn't come.

"Everything alright with your friend?" Nicki asked gently, sitting up and pulling her dress down over her ass.

"That's what I'm tryna see. I don't know if she can find her way home or not," I half lied.

Me: das fine. i'm satisfied w/ da 😽 i got here 😌

Ladie: Thought u liked stems/studs mo

Me: i'll fuck w/ any girl 😮‍💨

Ladie: ig enjoy the party, ny........... you got what u wanted.....

Leave it to Ladie to kill my vibe. "I need to go check on her," I lied to Nicki. "We should definitely finish this up some time."

"We can do that," she nodded.

I helped her get dressed, then we both snuck out of the room, heading back to the roof for the party.

Asian Doll played from the speakers, ass getting thrown around everywhere. "Nyia. I'm ready to go, it's almost two," Ladie came up to me as Nicki walked away to her friends.

"Already?"

"Yes," Ladie said tightly, "Your surprise isn't even here."

"Where the niggas at? I haven't seen them all night," I told her, looking down at my fit to make sure everything was straight. I guess it was sort of too late for that since I was in front of everybody already, but I guess it can never be too late to check if you're looking like a fool.

"You spent all night with Nicki, that's why," Ladie rolled her eyes. "They're over by the DJ booth."

"Oh for real? I didn't see em," I followed Ladie along the poolside to the DJ booth, cringing as we got closer and closer to the speakers.

"What's up, Ny? Didn't think Ladie would be able to pry you off of Nicki," Pole smirked, dapping me up with a cool grin. He had hella tats like me, darker skin, deep brown eyes, and was probably as tall as my dad. Which isn't an accomplishment at all. All the females were for him though. It was evident in the way that they swarmed Camel, Mack, and some of their other friends.

"Man, you know how it is," I gave him a side hug.

"I heard from one of my side hoes, who's best friend's a hoe, that knows a girl that gossips with Jenny that Big Camphor finally let your ma stay with you," he congratulated me, laying his hand on my shoulder.

"I have to have a child though," I sighed.

"Don't bring her down. She had the silliest smile on her face after she left Nicki," Ladie said, leaning against me.

"What about Cielo?" Pole asked curiously.

We stepped further away from the DJ booth. I nodded at Camel and Mack as we passed by them. We were all Camphorians. We stuck together.

"I want to her to have a normal childhood. Something like Jovan had. I just really would had for one of my kids to feel as sour as I did having to be the heir. My life made out for me."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Pole scoffed, "I ain't never heard a Kelley complain about being a Kelley before. You guys are at the top in Camphor."

"But life isn't just about Camphor. It could be this, it could be going to the park without shooting. It could be less worries," I swept my hand around the party, "I don't regret being a Kelley. I regret not having a choice and being helpless to assist my mother and my daughter."

"Man...just try to put yourself in the shoes of all the lil niggas in Camphor. I'd give anything to have the struggles you got man," Pole shook his head. "Me and this shawty finna leave. I'll see you back in the city?"

"Bet," I hugged him again, sighing as he walked away.

"Not everybody understands," Ladie told me softly, "I especially don't. But don't let it get to you."

"So this surprise," I shook off my sadness, playing into Ladie's earlier excitement, "when will I actually get to meet them?"

"There's another party in the H tomorrow," Ladie told me, hopeful.

"I told Cielo I'd be home...today," I looked at my phone.

"She won't minddd," Ladie smiled sweetly, "She was mad at you anyways, right?"

"I think she was starting to forgive me," I shrugged slowly, "and even if she was still mad, why would I wanna piss her off more?"

"She's the child and you're the parent. Why do you even care that much what she thinks?"

I shook my head, "Have a kid of your own and you'll understand me."

"I plan to."

We stood in silence, the wind so harsh up here as we leaned against the railing. "I feel like you're starting to hate me, Ladie. What did I do?"

"I guess we're living different lifestyles now," she shrugged.

"I thought friendships were supposed to grow but I have a feeling that ours has stopped doing that a long time ago," I admitted.

"So you don't wanna be my friend anymore?"

"I'm not saying that. I'm just asking you why things seem different between us."

"All you do is complain about living better than everyone else in Camphor. Who wants to hear that? Didn't anything Pole say sink in?"

"Never mind," I mumbled, resting my head on my arm.

"Our friendship could grow. But at the end of the day, we'd both have to do what we had to do to make it in Camphor."

I looked over at Ladie, her hair falling over her face.

"I guess we would," I turned my head back to the dim view of skyscrapers.

Vote // Comment // Share