Chapter 21 : I Should've Known

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I'm going to lose," Aurora realised in her mind.

"Stay a little longer, Daphne. Lunges forward when I say it, "Natalie expressed her desire to end the game so that their servants would not suffer due to it.

The Duchess of Light is patiently awaiting the right moment, hoping to find an opening from Isis' side. Finally, when she sees an opportunity, she yells to Daphne, "Now!" and instructs her to lunge forward.

The other team is taken aback by Natalie's yelling and their sudden movement. Perhaps they are more taken aback by her yelling. As Daphne lunges forward and bumps into them, Natalie catches them off guard. They both fall due to the impact, and Natalie can grab the ribbon in the process. That's how they'd win. At least in Natalie's imagination.

Yet, her imagination is oppositely different from reality. In reality, Natalie and Daphne lose to Isis' team. The actual thing that happens is that when Daphne lunges forward, her legs give out, causing them both to fall. Isis seizes the opportunity and wins the game by grabbing Natalie's ribbon. So, the Crown Princess laughs hard while helping both women who are losing. Poor Daphne, she apologised to the Duchess multiple times, afraid that the blonde woman would get mad at her.

So the ruby eyes look Daphne in the eyes, making her cower. Daphne looks down, terrified of that intense gaze.

Soon after, a slender hand touched her chin and said, "Raise your head, Daphne, and look at me."

Daphne slowly raises her head, her gaze returning to the ruby eyes.

"It's not your fault that we're both out. And don't apologise anymore, " Natalie spoke as Daphne's tears began to fall.

She is relieved that the Duchess is not upset with her. Duchess Natalie is not a bad master, to begin with, but being lost like that is humiliating for her, especially in front of the Crown Princess. After the servants leave the pair again, the Duchess walks over to the Crown Princess, asking about her wish.

In the end, the raven-haired beauty said, "Just one thing, look at me with happiness for today, Duchess Natalie."

The blonde woman shows a puzzled face over that wish. After that dumb game, is she just asking for that look? The Crown Princess looks at her, unsure what she is thinking. But she might have caught a glimpse of it.

So, the Crown Princess continues to say, "Your eyes are always full of anger and sadness, or other emotions except for happiness. So, let me wish for that thing, looking at your eyes fill with happiness, just for today."

The Duchess of Light is caught off guard by request and is unsure how to respond. "Alright then," she says as she turns away from Isis.

The Crown Princess beams with pride at her accomplishment. Then they both change back into their clothes, but Natalie has forgotten about something. Her hair is wet, so she needs to let it dry, but she prefers to do something else. Consequently, Natalie wraps the towel around her hair. Finally, she walks over to the tree, waiting for Isis to finish her change.

The Crown Princess emerges from the other side, holding a towel. She also lets her hair down. If Natalie wasn't fighting for her life, she'd be drooling over her like the servants. Princess Isis chuckles slightly at the other reaction, but the Duchess remains expressionless. She keeps looking at Natalie, trying to remind her to smile because of the wish.

Duchess Smith is completely baffled at first but quickly remembers her desire and smiles.

Then, they would then all make their way to the carriage. They are all in a comfortable silence, possibly exhausted by the activities at the waterfall. Princess Isis would occasionally converse with Natalie, attempting to divert their attention away from the task of getting to the carriage. Because there are so many puddles, their clothes are once again soaked.