Chapter 34 : World cup

Start from the beginning

"Where d'ya get this?" asked Harry as he looked around the massive inside which had 5 very large rooms that could each be curtained off, a living room, a kitchen and basically everything you could need in a house.

"Brand new," replied Sirius. "Cost me a decent amount but it was barely anything compared to the Black fortune."

"And it was worth it," said Rigel, claiming a room as his and collapsing on the bed. Harry and Thomas had claimed their own rooms as well, and so had Remus and Sirius. "Do you guys wanna explore the camp?" Harry asked to get off his bed.

"Yeah sure," said Rigel. "I heard there's a turf war going on between the Irish and the Bulgarian supporters."

"Cool," said Thomas. "5 galleons says that the Bulgarians win."

"I'll take that bet," smirked Rigel.

"Yeah I'm not," replied Harry. "You two can waste your money irresponsibly while I spend it on stuff that's actually useful," he said as they began walking outside, getting a few strange looks since some people recognised Thomas as the 'boy-who-lived'.

As they walked around the camp, they met Seamus Finnigan who both Thomas and Rigel said was 'alright' and Harry managed to strike up a decent enough conversation with him until Rigel and Seamus got into such a heated argument about the Irish and Bulgarian teams that they had to leave before they got attacked by Seamus' family.

"What were you thinking?" Harry asked as they ran away. "Insulting the Irish team in front of an Irishman!"

"Irishboy," interjected Thomas.

"Now you develop a smart mouth," muttered Harry. "Back to my question, what were we thinking?"

"I guess I just got caught up in the argument," said Rigel, the tips of his ears red. "We're out of that area," he sighed, slowing down to walk once again.

"Thank Merlin," said Thomas.

"Oi mate!" called out a voice and they all turned, Harry and Rigel with a groan and Thomas with a smile.

"Hey Ron," smiled Thomas.

"Mate, why are you hanging around them?" Ron asked grumpily but he didn't try to attack Harry or Rigel, clearly showcasing the fact that he'd grown a few brain cells over the summer.

"Harry invited me to the cup," explained Thomas. "And he'd been nice to me."

"But he's a snake!" protested Ron. "Why don't you come hang with me and Hermione?"

"Cya guys then," said Thomas not wanting there to be a scene, Harry and Rigel recognised this as they waved him off.

"Hey guys," called a female voice from behind them.

"Daphne!" said Harry happily, kissing her on the lips. "I was wondering when we'd run into you."

"It's great to see you too Harry," she said happily. "And you too Rigel," she added.

"Glad you've remembered me," frowned Rigel good-naturedly. "Is Tracey here?" he asked. "That way I get to spend time with my girlfriend and I don't have to be around you two lovebirds."

"She over there somewhere helping Tori with something," said Daphne, ignoring Rigel's jab and gesturing off to her left. Rigel promptly excused himself, allowing Daphne and Harry to catch up.

"So how was your summer?" Harry asked, slipping his hand in between hers.

"Bad," sighed Daphne. "Snape set us too much homework, as you know, and Tori was a pest the whole way through. Talking with you guys on the mirrors we have was the only thing that made it bearable. I hope your one wasn't as bad as mine."