For a minute, I forget where we are, I forget what a big deal this is, and I'm about to turn to Carlisle to ask for band aids, but then my face falls. I'm pulled behind Rosalie's back, her guarding me in front as I'm forced to watch Jasper, who a few seconds ago was smiling and enjoying the party like everyone else, lunge across the room at Bella, a vicious growl coming out of him and his eyes beyond reason. 

Edward flings Bella backward, trying to protect her, but just pushing her into a table, cutting her arm. I put my hand over my mouth so I won't scream as Emmett holds Jasper back. Alice goes to him, holding his face in her hands as she whispers, "Jas, shush, it's okay, it's just a little..." She looks back to Bella, smelling her, "Blood."

Everyone now is looking down at Bella, everyone except Carlisle and I. Suddenly, there's two humans in a room with six ravenous vampires- one of the humans is already weaker than others, and the other is bleeding on the floor. 

Carlisle darts to Bella's side, holding her arm. "Emmett, take Jasper outside." Emmett still doesn't move. "Emmett." Finally he snaps out of it, and Jasper doesn't struggle as he is pulled outside, Elena following him. Esme holds her nose and politely excuses herself, and Alice looks down at Bella again saying, "I'm sorry, I... can't..." And hurriedly goes outside. Rosalie finally stops guarding me now that everyone but Carlisle and Edward is gone, and she looks down at Bella with an emotion that I wouldn't expect in this moment: sorrow. 

"Rosalie, I think you should go outside." Carlisle says. Rosalie looks to me, then back to Bella and Carlisle and nods, walking quickly out the door. Suddenly there is no one to hold onto, and I wrap my arms around myself. "Edward, I'll take car of her." Edward doesn't move. "Go check on Jasper. Go." and Edward reluctantly moves outside with the rest of his family. 

I look down, already shaking from the... encounter? attack? Whatever it was that just happened, and now I have to watch as Bella's cut is clean, watch as she hisses in pain. "Andie." Bella speaks, breaking me out of my thought spiral. "You can go. I'm okay."

"No, I need to stay-" I start to say, but she cuts me off. 

"Really. I promise. You don't need to see this." She says. I give her a small smile as a thank you, and walk outside onto the driveway, wheeling my oxygen tank behind me. 

The only ones in the driveway are Edward and Rosalie, I assume the rest of the family has gone to the surrounding woods to ease their thirst. 

And it was here where I started to cry. 

I broke down in tears, and Rosalie was there to catch me as I fell, sitting with me on the concrete. I don't know how to feel. I had seen this happen before, to not only Bella, but myself as well, and if that wasn't already traumatizing enough, now she was almost attacked by someone who we considered our family... Of course I knew Jasper didn't mean too, but how could someone so gentle and kind be capable of something so... scary?

"It's okay," She kisses my head. "I'm so so so sorry. I'm so sorry." She says it over and over again until it starts to lose all meaning. I sit there, sobbing into her shoulder, not knowing what emotions I should be feeling.

"She's okay, right?" I ask, my voice shaking. "Everything is gonna be okay?"

"She's okay." Rosalie answers. I look up to her, and we stand up off the concrete. Her face is fake, she looks calm but i know she's hiding fear and sadness. I know that we won't be the same for a while. I know that this changes everything. 

I grab her hand and squeeze it once. She squeezes it back, but she doesn't meet my eyes. My heart feels tight, and I feel scared about what all this means. 

I can still feel that dread that something bad is coming as she drives me to my house. 

okay okay I'M SORRY!!!!

i know that a lot of you guys didn't want for this to happen, but i think that it's important to the story. i promise it gets better.

also, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for 50k reads!!!!! thats insane that so many people have read every chapter and re read and enjoyed the story. thank you for continuning to be paitient with me and my writers block, lol. it's pretty awesome that this story is actually doing well and people actually like what I'm writing, so again, BIG THANK YOU AND A BIG VIRTUAL HUG!!!

also, thank you for all the sweet comments :) they make me so happy to know that people like my writing and find it funny. 

thank you for reading! 

- lola <3