07 | skipping

"Edward and Bella are skipping..." Alice said as she bounced around the living room, getting ready for school. Esme had made me pancakes, and I was eating them as Rosalie's siblings introduced themselves.

"Lucky." I sighed. 

"You already hate school?" Rosalie asked.

"People stare." I smile half-heartedly.

Elena smiles at me sadly. "You guys should take a day off too."

"Goodness Lena, you're a bad influence." Emmett smirked.

Rosie laughs lightly, "What do you say?"

I smile, "Where should we go?"

.

Rosalie's hands are over my eyes. "I hate surprises." I mumble.

"Just a few more steps," Rosalie says.

As she uncovers my eyes, I see a small pond with trees and wildflowers growing around it. 

"Oh, Rosie.." I smile. "It's beautiful."

Rosalie grabs my hand, and leads me to a spot where we can sit under the shade. Her hand lingers on mine. "I have to tell you something." She says.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"I, um." She stumbles over her words. "Well, I um, like you. A lot. And..." She clears her throat, "Yeah. I like you, and I hope you like me too."

I smiled, my was heart racing in my chest. "I like you too. A lot."

Rosalie smiled, and her hands traveled up to my face, and pulled me in for a kiss. I was hesitant at first, this was my first girlfriend ever. I had always thought about it and had crushes, but I had never felt this passionate before.  I moved my lips with hers, and then pulled away to catch a little breath. 

"You okay?" Rosalie asked. 

"Never better." I smiled.

Rosalie sighed, and laid with her hair fanned out on the grass. "Don't you just wanna stay like this?"

I laid down beside her. "Yeah, I wish I could."

She was silent for a second. "You can't though."

I looked over at the profile of her face. Her eyes were closed at her skin sparkled in the sun. I hesitantly reached out my hand and placed it on the side of her face, touching the sparkling skin. Rosalie opened her eyes and held up her hand to her face, and then clenched her jaw. She swiftly stood up and stood under a tree a few steps away, but she got there in a split second. She had a look on her face, like someone had punched her in the gut. She put her head in her hands.

I grabbed my oxygen tank and walked over to her. "Rose..?" I grabbed her hand but she pulled it away. "What's wrong?"

She looked down at me. "Andie... I'm sorry you had to see me like that." She bit her lip with a hurt expression on her face. 

"Sorry for what?" I asked. "It's just you, It's apart of who you are. It's beautiful."

"Don't say that. It's monstrous."

"No, It's not." I say. "Don't make me mad, Rose, we don't have to talk about it. I think your beautiful. Every single part."

I stand on my tip toes and kiss her, placing my hand on the back of her neck to deepen the kiss. I pull away.

"See?" I sigh. "Not so monstrous."

She sighs and smiles. "I wish I could believe you, Andie." She wrapped her arm around me and we walked back over to our resting spot. 

.

"Why weren't you at school today?" Bella asked as she came in my room, uninvited.

I look up from my place on my bed. "Well, hello to you too. Where were you?"

"At least I showed up." Bella said. 

"And then immediately ran off." I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Where were you?" She insisted.

I held up my hands in mock surrender, "Rosalie and I went hiking... scandalous." I giggled.

Bella smiled just a tiny bit. I wasn't like this much in Phoenix. "Well... as long as she's not a bad influence on you. I know she's like... your best friend now."

"Is Edward a bad influence on you? I don't think we've ever skipped school. I know he's like your boyfriend now." I giggled.

"No." She smiled. "Get some rest. I'll see you in the morning."

"Night, Bella."

"Goodnight." She said, and closed my door. 

I looked down at my sketchbook, a sketch of Rosalie lying in the sun today. I had never felt this feeling, I wanted to be with her all the time. I missed her, even though it had only been a few hours since she dropped me off at my house. I sighed. I was falling too hard too fast. But I liked that.