NINE

1521 AD

1521 AD

TENOCHTITLAN

LEO WOKE UP with a pounding headache, his eyes burned as he was faced with the light of the room in the domo. After his eyes finally adjusted to the light and he noticed his injure was healed he realized he was alone. Maybe Druig really was mad at him. And then he remembered Thena, and how she acted and that made the boy get off the bed he was in. He searched around the domo and realized it was empty so he decided to fly to the village and go to the tower Ajak spent most of her time in. He flew straight into the top and saw all the eternals surrounding Thena who seemed to be crying. Leo flew straight towards her ignoring the rest of the Eternals and pulled her into a hug.

"You're okay" Leo whispered to Thena who hugged him back tightly.

"You almost died because of her Leo '' a voice said behind Leo, when he pulled away from Thena he turned and saw Druig.

"I'm fine Drew" Leo said walking towards Druig giving him a kiss on the cheek. "She has Mahd Wy'ry doesn't she?" Leo continued looking to Ajak for confirmation. The Prime Eternal nodded her head and looked at Thena.

"Your mind is fracturing under the weight of your memories. And all I can do is erase them so that you can start over. I will have to inform Arishem and take you back to the ship where we have the technology to help you" Ajak explained to Thena, the other Eternals feeling defeated at the news.

"But she won't be Thena anymore" Makari stated, it was what almost everyone was thinking.

"What if it happens again? She could've killed Leo, she could have killed all of us '' Kingo shot back at Makari.

"Like I said before I am fine." Leo butted in throwing daggers at Kingo.

"Please. Please, I... I want to remember. I want to remember my life. " Thena begs Ajak.

"Thena, I love you.But listen to me. It's not important if you remember or not. Your spirit will remain.You will always be Thena deep inside. Trust me." Ajak reassured Thena, holding her arms in comfort.

"Why should she trust you?" Druig questioned from beside Leo getting everyone's attention, Leo stared at his boyfriend as he got up from leaning on the wall and made his way towards Ajak, Leo was stuck not knowing how to react.

"You're asking her to let you erase who she is." Druig continued as he approached the large opening in the tower staring Ajak down.

"Druig i know you're upset, but.." Ajak tried to reason before Druig interrupted dher

"Upset?" Druig shouts making Leo jump lightly, his heart rate quickened at the scene unfolding before him, he wanted to step in but he didn't know how to do that without going against one of the people he loved most on this Earth.

"We've trusted you for 7,000 years, and look where you've gotten us. I've watched humans destroy each other, when I could stop it all in a heartbeat. Do you know what that does to someone after centuries?" Druig asked a tear streaming down his face in the middle of his speech making Leo realize just how much this was hurting Druig, obviously he knew something was wrong with his boyfriend but he had never thought it could get to this point. Leo then decided that he would follow Druig to the end of the world and would always stay by his side, even if that meant going up against Ajak and the rest of the family.

"Could our mission have been a mistake? Are we really helping these people build a better world, huh?" Druig continued before he turned to look out onto the people fighting below them.

"Were just like the soldiers down there. Pawns to their leaders. Blinded by loyalty. It ends now." Druig said and then the distant screams ceased as Druig began to control all their minds. As Leo watched Druig use his power he saw Ikaris going towards his lover in the corner of his eye.

"Ikaris don't." Leo shouts as Ikaris grabs Druig by his shoulder and pulls him back pushing Druig in the wall.

"Let them go '' Ikaris tells Druig, Leo rolls his eyes at that.

"You're going to have to make me." Druig responds keeping eye contact with Ikaris. Leo stands up straighter in case he needed to defend his boyfriend he began to warm a small flame in his hand as a precaution.

"Stop." Ajak demands strutting ujp to the two male eternals, making Ikaris take his eyes off Druig and look at her. Ikaris backs away from Druig, Leo didn't take his eyes off the reckless Eternal until he was sure that he wouldn't try to harm Druig.

"If you want to stop me, you're going to have to kill me." Druig says looking directly at Ajak and then going back to the opening and continuing what he started. As he descends down the stairs Leo realizes that he has to follow him.

"I'll watch over Thena" Gil states before Leo can get a word in.

"I have to follow him Ajak" Leo says voice cracking, he doesn't want to leave his family but Druig is his home. Ajak looks towards Leo and nods.

"You may all go." Are the last words Druig hears before he descends down the stairs towards where he saw Druig go. He sees him up ahead in the forest so Leo decides to fly over ther to save time, he lands in front of Druig who stops nonchalantly like he knew Leo was going to show up eventually.

"So what's the plan? Where are we going?" Leo questions Druig reaching out to grab his hand, and just like before Druig pulls away. His while body taking a step away from Leo keeping a considerable amount of distance between them.

"Druig?" Leo asks hurt laced in his tone.

"You're not coming with me Leo." Druig said sternly.

"What do you mean? Of course i'm coming with you, I would follow you anywhere my love." Leo assured Druig.

"I don't want you to come with me. I can't have you holding me back anymore." Druig said voice unwavering. The words knocked the air out of Leo, his eyes immediately welling up with tears.

"You... you don't mean that. I love you Druig please, you don't mean that." Leo cried to the love of his life, his other half.

"Leo, since we've gotten together all you've been is a burden. I have to take care of these people. I can't do that when you're around me all the time. I can't do that when I don't love you anymore." Druig said, pushing past Leo and walking deeper into the forest.

Leo was numb for a moment, before he felt the lump in his throat choke him, the sobs wracking over him. He fell to his knees in the forest sobbing loudly. He has never felt so much pain, Druig's words hurt more than getting stabbed in his abdomen. As Leo recounted every memory he had with Druig, he still couldn't seem to understand what he did wrong, how he wasn;t good enough. He began to fill with anger, his body heating up as he continued to think about the boy he loves, the boy who just abandoned him. As his body heated up Leo felt the overwhelming urge to scream, so he did. Leo let out a loud scream of pain and sorrow, fire shooted out of his entire body like a bomb. The trees around hum burned instantly and Leo was too tired to continue sobbing. He just let soft tears stream snow his face as he stared into the fire that he created around him. 

A/N

hi so im not good at writing angst but here is this. I hope you enjoyed. My poor angel Leo does not deserve to be sad ever so I hated writing this and also I like writing domestic Druig not mean Druig so it was tough. n e ways I should be updating more often but I also have a job now so idk yet we will see.