Chapter 39 - The Scheme

Start from the beginning

     Dog felt relieved that she at least moved for once after so many hours. She's been as still as a statue.

"We'll give her to Dog." Ki spoke making the spider demon turn to him with wide eyes.

     Akai narrowed his eyes at his partner, not understanding his plan. "You're putting the mutt in charge of her? Really? Why don't we give her to Peach too while we're at it?"

     Yama wanted to hear the dark demon's reasoning though. "Akai, shut up."

     He received the middle finger from his brother but Ki was able to elaborate.

"Dog's quiet. He can run without anyone hearing him and easily hide in the dark." Ki pointed to the blond. "You're too loud and can't merge into your surroundings to save your life."

"Says the fucker with the unnecessarily long fucking tail that drags everywhere!" The blond growled.

"Exactly why I can't sneak her out either. This place is too compact for me. We'll put Dog in charge of getting her out and we'll meet up with him at the gate just outside the woods."

      As much as Akai hated that plan, Dog was the stealthiest out of all of them. It's why they always send him to do the scouting instead of doing it themselves.

     The spider demon felt scared from all the pressure being placed on him now. He was getting his hold removed first, being sent to watch over (Y/N), then having to be the one to break her out of the asylum?! This was too much for him to handle...

"Then everything is settled?" Yama looked to his twin and Ki. "I'll go over Dog's task with him. You two go make sure the basement is clear of any lackeys. Get Bis caught up but leave details about (Y/N) out. We shouldn't fully trust them with that. We're doing this tonight."

     Yama looked to his watch he had recently fixed, seeing the time being 11:03 AM. They'll use the day to prepare and then start the plan at midnight. The less light around the easier it'll be for everyone involved.

      Akai nodded and turned to Ki and the two went to leave. "You go find Bis. I'll check the base-"

      A big huff of breath cut him off and it came from the bed. Once again the demon's stopped what they were doing and looked at the woman on the bed.

     (Y/N) slowly released the large breath she had inhaled. Her hands tiredly moved to her blindfold and felt the fabric but didn't make a move to remove it. Her body felt sore all over and stiff that when she attempted to set herself up she groaned in discomfort.

     Yama went straight to helping her up with relief on his face from seeing her finally awake. "Are you alright? You've been asleep for a while..."

"I'm fine..." Her voice was raspy from being unconscious for so long. Her fingers went to lift the blindfold a bit but she soon felt her hand be pushed away.

"Don't take that off." Akai ordered, holding both her hands down to the bed.

     She jumped in fright and felt the heat radiating off the blond and knew it was him.

"Be careful with her! She just woke up." Yama pushed Akai away but his brother shoved his arms off of him. "Do I have to repeat what she did at the last meeting, Yama?!"

"Instead of being rough with her how about taking the time to just ask her what happened!"

     (Y/N) pushed herself to the back of the bed from hearing the argument between the two brothers. She still felt groggy and can tell she was still in her cell but didn't know who else was around. Dog wanted to step in and help her but felt scared to do so from Akai's anger. Ki had enough of the two and leaned off the wall and pushed past the twins to get to (Y/N)'s bed.