𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕕𝕠

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸ 

Jamie jolted awake, sweat covering his entire body, drenching his nightwear. His vision took time to adjust, but once it did, he realized he wasn't in that ghoulish, grotesque nightmare anymore. 

He was back in his room, laying on his bed. But it wasn't soft, but more like a rock, hard, digging into his skin beneath his soiled clothing. At least, he thought it was soiled. 

He wasn't wearing the same clothes he was wearing in the woods. Instead, he was donning midnight blue t-shirt and sweatpants. The fan above him creaked loudly as it rotated, sending small gusts of wind on his head, ruffling his long and messy hair, which had gotten spiky after sleep. His Spider-Man blanket was covering the lower half of his body. Streaks of early morning sunlight entered through the window on his right, bathing his face in orange. The part of his body covered in sunlight was warm, as blood rushed to that skin, reddening it. But the other part, which was enclosed in the blanket, was cold. Very cold. The skin there was icily pale. 

The boy quickly pushed the blanket aside, letting the sunlight engulf his legs, warming them. 

He looked around his room. Everything was as it was yesterday, except, the air seemed two shades darker. It was almost as if someone had taken a bright painting, and placed a black translucent paper over it, dimming its brightness. 

Suddenly, his attention was drawn to the edge of his table, more specifically, to a candle placed there. It wasn't much longer than a newborn's pinky finger, previously molten wax now sticking to its side, almost like a frozen waterfall. It's wick was black and charred, burnt out. 

That wasn't there before. Infact, Jamie never had a candle in his room. 

Never.

That fact alone unnerved the boy. 

As he was staring at the white object, an orange dot appeared in the wick, glowing. The boy was intrigued, and continued staring. The glow slowly but surely spread, like ink spreading through water, until the entire black wick had turned into the orange glow. 

For a while, nothing happened. The candle just stayed like that glowing orange. The boy kept staring, almost like he could will it to light up. Smoke started blowing out from the candle, flying out everywhere. A few second later, a small yet elegant flame burst into existence. Flowing with the air coming from the creaking fan above, the flame grew bigger, as the boy's stare continued. 

The wall clock in his room ticked once. One second passed. 

The flame grew bigger. 

The clock ticked again. Another second passed.