'ℂ𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖

A pair of bicycle wheels rolled on asphalt, pushing little pieces of gravel behind. Riding this bike was Jamie Wheeler. A few strands of his curly brown hair fell on is face, almost touching his lashes. The cold wind kept blowing them back, but those pesky things kept falling back, like cockroaches that refused to die. 

This didn't bother Jamie though, as there were other thoughts swirling beneath those coffee brown orbs. No, not about the literal dragon lair, he hallucinated. That was hidden away in a vault in the deepest, darkest parts of his mind, and the key was thrown into the ocean. 

What he was thinking about right now, was how he was going to treat Mike. 

He was really pissed at him, for the way he had treated him for 5 years. Always excluding him from games. Making him feel like garbage. 

He was going to get back at him. 

Beating him up wouldn't do anything. Besides, he couldn't do that anyways with his noodle like arms. So he was going to give him the cold shoulder. Ignore him, and flip him off if he gets to annoying. And for god's sake, stop trying to play with him. Not just him, but all his friends. Except Will. Will was cool. 

Obviously, this relied heavily on Mike wanting anything from him. But they were twins. And Jamie almost always had something Mike wanted from him. And like an idiot he gave it to him everytime, hoping it would make his brother like him more. 

But no more. Starting today, he was going to be a stone-cold bastard. 

He was brought out of his thoughts by a whisper that echoed in his mind. 

"Jamie." 

Shocked, he looked around to see who spoke. 

"Who was that?", he questioned his surroundings. 

"Truck.", the voice spoke, louder this time. 

"What?", Jamie asked ,knitting his brows together. 

"TRUCK STUPID!!", the voice screamed. The loud honk sounded, and Jamie finally understood what the voice was referring to, as his eyes widened comically. He snapped his head behind him to see the face of a large brown truck, speeding towards him. 

His heart sunk deeper than the mariana trench, and his lips turned white. His body, however, acted with a mind. His arms jerked, turning the bike to the side, and out of danger. 

"PAY ATTENTION KID!!", the driver yelled from the truck. 

Jamie's coffee brown eyes stared at the rear end of the receding vehicle. His chest rose and fell heavily. Goosebumps had formed on his skin, which were visible on the base of his neck, and the small part of his collarbone which peaked out slightly. His pupils were blown out, and fear crawled under his skin like a slimy insect. 

One question stood out in his mind. 

'What the hell was that noise?' 

Jamie parked his bike at the bike stand at Hawkins Middle. He was wearing blue button-up shirt, which complemented the inside of his zip-up hoodie. Underneath the shirt, he was wearing a black t-shirt, which peaked out just slightly due to the top two buttons not being fastened. This was paired with navy-blue denim jeans, and black converse. The white sole of the shoes matched with the white lace sticking out of the hoodie and draping over his front torso. 

As he was walking towards the school, a large gust of wind blew his long hair over his face, almost covering his eyes. He ran a hand through his curls, bunching them up, and putting them on his head, clearing his vision. 

Until they fell on his head again. 

This continued happening a couple of times, until the boy settled for slightly combing his hair to the side. They were still on his face, but atleast he could see clearly. 

While walking, he noticed Mike and his stupid party standing and conversing amongst themselves. He also saw that Will wasn't with them. Dustin took notice of him, and waved. Jamie just kept his poker face on and ignored him.   

"Hey, have you seen Will he isn't.....", he trailed off, as the curly haired boy didn't even spare them a glance and continued walking. 

"What's wrong with him?", Dustin wondered aloud. Mike gave his brother a weird look. 

"Nothing's wrong with him. He's just weird.", the Wheeler said. 

"I think he's pissed at us man.", Lucas spoke up, and the conversation ended. 

Jamie spent the rest of the day drawing in his sketchbook. He tried to come up with different ideas, but the only thing his brain could think of was the dragon he dreamed of last night. 

That gross, scaly skin. 

Those eyes. 

Those yellow eyes, that were larger than his entire body. He always felt a chill run down his spine everytime he thought of them. 

After he had finished his fifth sketch of the dragon, he took a long look at it, drowning out whatever was being taught in class. 

That was until the voice spoke up again. 

"Hmm. So you met Draco."

"What?", the Wheeler boy questioned aloud, and the entire class turned to him. 

"I said that if a person could access the pocket dimensions around us, they could potentially cover distances faster than the speed of light. Or even teleport.", Mr. Clarke explained. Jamie looked at him with confused eyes. Mr. Clarke went to reiterate his statement, before Jamie cut in. 

"Yeah, no, I understand now. Thank you." 

Mr. Clarke squinted at him. 

"Sir.", Jamie added with a small voice. 

Mr. Clarke looked at him for a few more seconds before going back to teaching. Jamie let out a subtle sigh of relief at this. 

What was going on with him. He didn't know. 

To him, there was only one logical explanation.

'I'm going insane.'

A/N: There ya go. Second chapter of Shadow of the Dragon. 

What do you think of Jamie ignoring Mike and his friends? Does Mike deserve it? 

Who do you think that voice in Jamie's head is? 

Tell me how you felt about this chapter. 

See you soon 

-M.