𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕜 ℍ𝕠𝕝𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕥

Jamie stepped out of Hopper's car as they arrived on Mirkwood, following the other officers. 

The path was much cooler than other places in the small town, thanks to the vegetation surrounding it on both ends. The foliage was quite thick, and one could barely see into the tree line after a few meters. Sunlight could barely reach the road due to tall trees of the forest around it, plunging it in a lonely shade of  blue, as contrasted to the warm yellow of downtown Hawkins. To Jamie, the trees seemed to be curling inwards, almost as if telling him that this road was important. Like he needed to be here. But that could just be his vivid imagination, that was making him see dragons, and hear a voice in his head. 

He was brought out of his thoughts, when Hopper hollered that he found something. The boy and the other officers rushed over to the chief, as he ran down a slope to the edge of the forest. 

There, lying on a bed of dead and fallen autumn leaves, was a blue coloured bike, exactly the same size as Jamie's. 

Hopper stood over the vehicle as he looked around for another sign of the missing boy. 

"That his bike?", he questioned. 

"Yeah.", Jamie replied, as he crouched down next to the bike, looking at it inquisitively. 

"Must've crashed.", officer Callahan said. 

Jamie's attention was drawn to a specific point on the body of the bike. There, he noticed, a bit of paint had been scraped off in three separate lines. These lines, however, stayed the exact distance away from each other. There was also a small dent where one could see the bare metal. 

"Are there any mountain lions in Hawkins?", the boy questioned aloud, making everyone present turn to look at him. 

"What?", Hopper asked in confusion. 

"Are there any mountain lions in Hawkins?", the boy repeated his question. 

"Yeah, I heard you the first time. I asked what you meant by that." 

"Look, If Will would've just crashed, he would've taken the bike home." 

"Yeah, bike like this is like Cadillac to these kids." 

"Exactly. So something must have scared him enough to jump ship and run." 

Hopper nodded his head. 

"Look here.", he led them back to the bike, and pointed out the scratched out paint. 

"Now, is it just me, or does that look like claw marks to you?", he asked looking at the chief. Hopper didn't answer, but gulped instead, looking at his surroundings anxiously. 

"So,", the boy was now standing, and looking at his accomplices as he began. 

"If you're being chased by something......or someone, where would you go? Where would you feel safest?"